What else to buy when buying a regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sparragus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm planning on buying DGX's Apeks XTX50 package. DGX Custom - Apeks DST/XTX50 Single Tank Reg Package It comes with:

• One Apeks DST First Stage and two Apeks XTX50 Second Stages
  • Reg Hose for the primary
  • Reg Hose for the secondary
  • One "Brass and Glass" SPG with HP Hose
  • DIN-to-Yoke Spin-On Adapter, Necklace, S/S Bolt Snap, DIN Cap
  • A BC Inflator Hose

I was thinking to also buy O rings.

What else do you recommend buying when buying your first regulator?

This one. Pic is wrong I think. Mine came with the long hose on the 5th port. But moving it is easy enough.

5' was too short for me. Wouldn't wrap around without being too tight. (Yeah ladies)

7' just barely hooks over my dir knife. To fold and tuck the hose into my belt like ya'll do, I'd have to get a 10 footer.

I tried a 5' on a 90 like the "streamlined setup", but that was a bit sloppy. Stuck out, forward a bit.

Bolt snaps to tie on the hose ends of your primary and SPG. Bungee necklace for secondary? Tube of silicon. Perhaps a IP pressure gauge to keep tabs of first stage pressure. Not regulator related, but they have good (and inexpensive) compasses.​

5' was too short for me. Wouldn't wrap around without being too tight. (Yeah ladies)

7' just barely hooks over my dir knife. To fold and tuck the hose into my belt like ya'll do, I'd have to get a 10 footer.

I tried a 5' on a 90 like the "streamlined setup", but that was a bit sloppy. Stuck out, forward a bit.
5' is a bit too short for me too, but I'm pretty wide.

4' is better for the streamlined setup.

I'm planning on buying DGX's Apeks XTX50 package. DGX Custom - Apeks DST/XTX50 Single Tank Reg Package It comes with:

SPG - I assume you already have a decent computer?
BC hose - I assume you don't have your own BCD? Hose usually comes with.
Hose routing depends on your comfort zone with "streamlined setup". New divers have issues with that.
Get braided hoses instead of rubber.

Honestly, with a few dozen dives like yours, I would potentially consider something like this instead of Apeks DGX Custom - DGX Gears Singles Harness / Backplate / Wing + DGX Gears XTRA Reg Package

Back
Top Bottom