Changing Power Inflator Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shotthebreeze

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to change the power inflator hose. I have one that is way too long and I just bought another one that should fit perfectly. Any help would be appreciated. All I need to know is the best way to remove it from the first stage...

A wrench to take it off. Be careful not to marr the surface. Make sure when you put the other one on the o-ring is in place otherwise it will leak.

Other than that nothing to it. Make sure the new one is tight enough it can't come loose on it's own, but don't over tighten.

Mat.

You just want to load up very lightly on the wrench. Tighten like you are afraid it will break. When in use the pressure end loads the threads and it won't even think about moving.

One last thing to add: finger tighten first, so as to make sure you're not cross-threading. Wrench only the last bit of tightness.

Lefty-loosy, check the O-ring, righty-tighty.

One last thing to add: finger tighten first, so as to make sure you're not cross-threading. Wrench only the last bit of tightness.
Always good advice, no matter what you are tightening. :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom