Changing wings for second dive using double on BP/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok here are the pics. The wing nut is there for the detaching/attaching the weights. This is the last time it will look like this as I know better know.:)

Attachments

• IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_1652.jpg
    IMG_1652.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 297
I put the weight there as my back is not in best condition and I unload the weight once on land quite quickly. I will change practice if its a hazard.

I was just stating the reason no one understood how you had your bolts setup in your bands. It is non-standard, but if you have a good reason and understand the risks do as you need. The only hazards I can see with it there is it falling off (fairly low risk) or the wingnuts getting snagged/tangled in something that you can't reach.

Ok here are the pics. The wing nut is there for the detaching/attaching the weights. This is the last time it will look like this as I know better know.:)

ding ding, that was on backwards. If you want to use bolts for weights that's fine, just use appropriate length all-thread when you do it

ding ding, that was on backwards. If you want to use bolts for weights that's fine, just use appropriate length all-thread when you do it
For sure.; when I bought the wing, it came with that bolt and a threaded rod. The latter is going to be used going forward. I did not put it in the other way originally (bolt) as it would stick out into my back. But that is perhaps another story.

Thanks for the picture. How long have you been instructing?

Certification History:
NAUI IT, NAUI Instructor, NAUI EANx Instructor, SDI &TDI Instructor

Last edited:
You might be able to keep the setup so you can use the weight bar, but it would require a longer threaded rod so that it's long enough the side that touches your back to allow you to affix a plate and wing and also stick out away from your back on the other side of the tanks long enough to thread the bar through. No clue how long you would need though.

Well it's redone. I have to figure out and balance the rods so they don't dig into my back and kill me on one side and don't stick out too much on the other side. :wink:The rods are nearly symmetrically in place. Need some 5/16" wing nuts for the weight bar.

Attachments

• IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1660.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 246
If you have a weight between the tanks and the wing, it will probably eat up some of that space. If they still stick out too much you can cut a few threads off with a hacksaw or jigsaw. Alternatively, you could throw a nut on the bolt head side, before you thread it through the bands. That will also soak up some of the length.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom