Channel Island dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuberd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I'm going to the Channel Islands off of Southern California in a couple of weeks on a live aboard. I have never been on a live aboard before, but I do have a lot of boating experience. Any thing cool to do (while diving of course) and see that I should know about before I go?

Just dive dive dive. Relax and enjoy the variety of marine life you will encounter. Depending on what sites you dive you should encounter some sea lions playing around and hopefully the giant sea bass.

Other than that, just cruising thru the kelp forest can be awesome.

Enjoy.

BTW, which boat are you going out on?

I have yet to do this locally, but maybe someday...I assume you are talking about a Truth Aquatics boat. Anyway, from other live aboard experiences, take a small baggie with any possible over the counter medication you might conceivably need. Bendadryl, Triple A ointment, Immodium, etc. There is no pharmacy out there...

Do the night dive! Be sure to bring a backup light and extra batteries. Sea bass sightings are breathtaking. You'll probably encounter a curious seal. They can be tricksters. I've seen people bring sea kayaks along for dive trips, but personally, I just dive, and eat, and dive....

Like socaldiver said, just go out there and dive, dive, dive. Since you have boating experience, you should have no trouble at all in a live aboard. One thing I like to do is get there early for boarding. Usually when I go it’s first come first serve and that way you’ll get first pick of the bunks.

Hope you’ll let us know how your trip goes. I will actually be on the Vision diving the northern islands on May 17, 18 & 19 and I just can’t wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom