Charging the Mares Sharpshooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HNEWTON

New
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Mares sharpshooter that I have not used in years and I took it out to test. There was no air pressure and so I pumped it up and it shot with a little velocity to it's rope end at bout 8-10 feet.

I must have pumped it a hundred times. I also forgot what the little round blach lock swith near the safety and trigger does. Can someone tell me if I need to keep pumping or if I am doing something worng or it needs to be serviced,

Thanks, Howard Newton - sore arm speargun owner.

P.S. I'm all jazzed to go spearfishing off Laguna Beach near wher I live in CA

Newton,

From the sound of it, I would suggest taking your speargun to an authorized Mares retailer. If they do not have the capacity to work on pneumatic spearguns, they can send it to our service center. My assessment is that the oring is not holding air, hence the lack of pressure. A simple service should get it back in good shape.

FYI the switch is a low power / high power setting. For really close range you can put in low pressure, preventing possible shaft bending and pushing tips into rocks. Otherwise high power is the way to go.

Hope this helps and have a great time out fishing for dinner!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom