Charlie Young Beach Controversy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
As divers I think it's safe to say that we all love the beach. A friend of mine is concerned about this issue and now that I know about it I'm concerned too. Here's the beginning of a BLOG on the issue of the Volleyball Players at Charlie Young Beach on Maui. If you'd like to read it all or join the cause click on the link below.

1e4b3875aff94537cd3f2dcfdbeb_l.jpg

There's a new sheriff in town !!
Anyone who cares for CYB is aware of the controversy that has been raging for several years now regarding the personal conduct and general behavior of some beach goers. Most, if not all, of the ire has been directed towards the volley ball players. In some instances, but not all, their ire has not been misdirected. We, (I are one too), need to take responsibility for much of this mess.

And if you are a regular v-baller, I know that you are aware, because I have personally gone around and talked to most of you- having signed up nearly 75 people as "Friends of Charlie Young Beach", (notice I didn't name it "Friends of... this, or that"). Not to mention that it has been a very contentious issue frequently covered by the Maui news, both in articles, editorials, and letters to the editor.

For those of you who aren't aware, for what ever reason, here is what we, (Friends of CYB), are facing;

- An alcohol ban
- Increased Police patrols
- A ban on v-ball outside established county courts

The later would force us to play somewhere else. I don't know about the rest of you, but I love playing v-ball at CYB, my favorite beach ! A select few have already taken that from me, as I refuse to join in the games when the court is set up where it has been recently- three feet from the pathway entrance in front of the condo's- the worst possible place !

Here's the situation folks; The house is on fire ! You are either running to it with a bucket of water, running to it with a bucket of gasoline, or just standing there doing nothing and watching it burn down. Personally, if you're not going to throw water on it, I would prefer you stand there and do nothing. Woe to the fool I catch throwing gas on it !

To read the entire article go here: There's a new sheriff in town !! | Maui.Net - All Things Maui

025052b9a420ac05238485d2d057.jpg

View from the Charlie Young Webcam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom