Charter / Guide Recommendation Needed - Ft. Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

accel_scuba

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading down to S. Florida for a business trip next week and I'm going to fly in a little early to get some diving in.
I would be able to dive on Saturday afternoon (and maybe evening), and also on Sunday morning.

I'd really appreciate some recommendations for charters / shops / guides who could accommodate. I've read great things about the Blue Heron dive, so I'd consider that as well.

Thanks!

Jason

need more details..........where area are you staying? exact dates? several dive charters in the palm beach / broward / dade / keys. (all south Florida)...blue heron is in palm beach county.

Staying Saturday night in Miami beach, and then moving Sunday night to Boca. Diving this coming Saturday afternoon 4/6 (and maybe evening), and Sunday morning 4/7.

In Ft. Lauderdale, I've used Sea Experience a few times. They use these giant pontoon boat things that are pretty stable and roomy for diving some of the wrecks and reefs near shore. Its a cattle boat, so expect more than just 4 or 5 people on the boat. If I went back to Ft. Lauderdale, they would be my first choice.

HOWEVER...if you don't mind driving 50 miles up to Jupiter, you can book a 3-tank dive with Jupiter Dive Center. These guys are customer service fanatics and offer up some really fun diving. Top Notch A+++ folks at Jupiter Diver Center.

i also have dove with both those operations and concur with "cb5150".......south florida diving hq. is a dive charter at the hillsboro inlet...force-e dive center in riviera beach, florida and give you the tide times for the blue heron bridge dive.,....good luck and enjoy.

The best drift diving in the area is probably boynton beach, just 15 minutes north of boca (tons of charters in that area..underwater explorers, starfish enterprises, dolphin sun, and many more) ...or even better would be jupiter..closer to 45 min north of boca. The blue heron bridge is cool because you see different creatures that you don't normall see on a regular drift dive, a lot of very small things. It's a small area..popular for photographers..if you don't take your time and look at every square inch then you may get bored there quickly. Or if you want the best of both worlds, take a charter out of riviera beach area and hit the bridge in the after noon (or vice versa) if the tide time accommodates

You dont mention what type of diving you want to do. I will assume standard recreational diving. Why not dive off of Diversity if you are staying in Boca? Small boat, friendly operators. They seem to mostly do drift diving on the reef. South Florida Dive Headquarters does wrecks and reef in Pompano, as well as Pompano Dive Center, and Scubatyme dive charters. These are all close to where you are staying. Also check with the dive shop Force-E in Boca. They should be able to help you out if you want to talk to someone.

South Florida Scuba Diving with Diversity Charters,South Florida Dive Boats,Diversity Dive Charters South Florida,Boca Raton Deerfield Palm Beach Ft. Lauderdale,scuba diving boats south florida,south florida scuba diving,florida scuba diving charters

The Kyalami run by Capt. Sl8er in Jupiter is a relatively new boat that offers great service.

But if you're in town for the whole week and have the flexibility, there's a lot of after-work twilight beach diving going on in Broward County...in the water by six..out by eight, and time to hit a restaurant before you go back to the hotel. The most active at this are the Gold Coast Scuba Meetup, if you want to hook up with them. They aren't an operation or guide - just a fairly active club.

If you want to dive in the Ft Lauderdale area: I'd suggest Pompano Dive Center, South Florida Dive HQ or Scubatyme: I've had good experiences with all three. But if none of those look good to you, contact Force-E or Gold Coast Scuba and they can get you on other boats in the area that might look more interesting to you.

Like Bilsant said, Gold Coast also sponsors a very active dive club that does lots of beach dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom