Charter recomendation for Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd recommend Blue Water Divers (Brent/Capt. Marvel) and/or Conch Republic Divers in Tavernier. The diving in the Upper Keys is much better vs. the lower Keys, and there is a lot more diveOps to choose from as well.

There is at least two other threads on this going on currently that you may want to take a look at.

go to Looe Key Dive Center,they have large pontoon boat but did not have any grief with them.

I dove with Looe Key DC once and it was a terrible cattle boat; 20+ snorkelers plus 10-12 divers. It was a real zoo.

There is another dive op that does Looe Key. I've not dove with them, but friends of mine have and they are highly recommended by them. Go to:

Welcome to Innerspace Dive Center located on Big Pine Key Florida

IN KW, look up Dive Key West. Bob runs a very safe and professional op. That can't be said for all others in KW.

Up in Key Largo, I strongly recommend Quiesience as the prior poster suggested. I've dove with them for years and would not consider anyone else in Key Largo. They run solely six packs so there's no crowding and they will go out with as few as two divers. But they do not routinely put a DM in the water as others do, so don't expect to have your hand held. That's not their style unless you want it.

IMHO Key Largo area is the best diving and as you get closer to KW, the diving does downhill.

I dove with Looe Key DC once and it was a terrible cattle boat; 20+ snorkelers plus 10-12 divers. It was a real zoo.

There is another dive op that does Looe Key. I've not dove with them, but friends of mine have and they are highly recommended by them. Go to:

Welcome to Innerspace Dive Center located on Big Pine Key Florida

IN KW, look up Dive Key West. Bob runs a very safe and professional op. That can't be said for all others in KW.

Up in Key Largo, I strongly recommend Quiesience as the prior poster suggested. I've dove with them for years and would not consider anyone else in Key Largo. They run solely six packs so there's no crowding and they will go out with as few as two divers. But they do not routinely put a DM in the water as others do, so don't expect to have your hand held. That's not their style unless you want it.

IMHO Key Largo area is the best diving and as you get closer to KW, the diving does downhill.

I agree that the closer you are to Key Largo the better the diving is in the keys..Looe Key Dive is a boat that takes out snorkelers/divers on the same charter,you can go at a time that there are few snorkel people though.Go on the day that they do the Busch wreck-snorkel people do not even go in the water there.Then the boat goes to Looe Key for 2 dives.Get in the water and get away from the boat,you will not even know there are snorkel people around.Last trip we saw a couple of carib reef sharks there along with regular inhabitants.Its not the best way to go ,but KW diving is NOT a "DIVE VACATION".Its a getaway with a little diving thrown in with everything else.If you want a real dive vacation close by I suggest go to a dive resort in the Caymans/Roatan/Bonaire to get the most diving in for the dollar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom