CHDK Hack for SD750

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pkdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone found a CHDK hack for the SD750? I'd like to play around with it on mine.

Also, if anyone is using this camera and has any underwater tips (specific settings, etc)that would be great.

We have the Canon underwater housing and an Ikelite AF35 Strobe but have yet to take it underwter.

Thanks!

CHDK firmware is now available for the SD750/Ixus 75 running original firmware version 1.01a (only). They're working on 1.00b and 1.02a. IXUS75/SD750 1.01a (Finished) | 1.00b (Porting) | 1.02a (Porting)

Of course I have 1.00b, so no CHDK for me yet.

Your firmware version is formatted as 1.0(number)(letter). It is NOT formatted as 1.0.(number).0. To find it, check out FAQ - CHDK Wiki.

CHDK firmware betas have just been released for most SD750 original firmware versions, including my 1.00b, 1.01a, and 1.02a.

At least on my camera, it boots and runs!

It'll be interesting to see how many of the huge array of new features are actually of any use underwater. I got it mostly so I can shoot in RAW mode, which alone is worth the price of admission.

Of course, for those with long deco stops, you can always read e-books or play reversi or sokoban on your camera so you don't have to waste time looking at the pretty fishies. I figure this would be great way to run down the battery just in time for that whale shark to mosey by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom