cheap chinese video light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have gotten some that are very light weight... and don't have very good amp hr
Decent quality ones are heavier..

I am sure that they can fake them too..
Just add a bit of lead...

Just something I have found...
Also cheaper to ship light batteries

This is 18650... if I remember correctly some were, 32grams, and a decent on was 40 something grams

Source? Hard to believe from my personal experience through that page on Aliexpress. I've pumped 3500+ mah into those after a long day of diving.

You tested the Littokala cells and got 3500mah? Thats good, maybe not Panasonic cells but still a very good budget battery. Hopefully internal resistance is good too.

BTW about weighing batteries, look up sand filled 18650's.

You tested the Littokala cells and got 3500mah? Thats good, maybe not Panasonic cells but still a very good budget battery. Hopefully internal resistance is good too.

BTW about weighing batteries, look up sand filled 18650's.
Sooo some seller sets up an impersonating shop under the name Littokala, and people buy batteries that have, what, like 70 (fake) reviews? It's not rocket science, buy the ones that have 8k solid reviews + 22k+ orders..

1646083741101.png

Sooo some seller sets up an impersonating shop under the name Littokala, and people buy batteries that have, what, like 70 (fake) reviews? It's not rocket science, buy the ones that have 8k solid reviews + 22k+ orders..
Too bad shipping costs $202 to Canada lol

It's not bad deal just saying they probably aren't Panasonic cells (Like the name NCR18650B implies). Still a good battery and I would buy them if shipping wasn't insane. An alternative is buying them online in the US, expect to pay $6-8 for a name brand like Sanyo,LG,Samsung,Panasonic

The Brett store now offers some newer lights
Any thoughts?
It looks like they changed the buttons.
Has anyone tried those out? or going to?
Digging up this old post as I hadn't spotted these. Apart from the switches being different it also seems they changed the internal BMS significantly as there is a USB port for charging, accessible via a removable external cap with o-ring seal. Also they have a press with 2 second hold to turn all of the LEDs on at the same time, on previous versions I thin it only responded to single press. Also takes different batteries, which are annoyingly supplied with the torch and probably terrible: "The flashlight has a built-in 3x 4800mah 21700 power battery.". Do we think the switches are already Piezo on this newer version?

I received this one yesterday by LetonPower, though slightly more expensive than the ones discussed in this topic it appears to be identical and have the same issues such as PCB rotation. I also ordered some Piezo switches for it which I'm still waiting to arrive.
Aliexpress LetonPower
It takes 4 x 18650B batteries which I purchased from a local supplier.

Digging up this old post as I hadn't spotted these. Apart from the switches being different it also seems they changed the internal BMS significantly as there is a USB port for charging, accessible via a removable external cap with o-ring seal. Also they have a press with 2 second hold to turn all of the LEDs on at the same time, on previous versions I thin it only responded to single press. Also takes different batteries, which are annoyingly supplied with the torch and probably terrible: "The flashlight has a built-in 3x 4800mah 21700 power battery.". Do we think the switches are already Piezo on this newer version?

I received this one yesterday by LetonPower, though slightly more expensive than the ones discussed in this topic it appears to be identical and have the same issues such as PCB rotation. I also ordered some Piezo switches for it which I'm still waiting to arrive.
Aliexpress LetonPower
It takes 4 x 18650B batteries which I purchased from a local supplier.
Interesting...I dont think I would like unscrewing it to charge though.

I bought the same Letonpower light, 10 LED version. Haven't got batteries to test mine yet. For the price I impressed with the build quality and good customer support. Hilarious packaging though "DIVING DEEP LOVE" and "Dcuba diving". What do you mean by PCB rotation? Let me know how the light works out for you, I'm anxiously awaiting batteries to see how bright it is.

Interesting...I dont think I would like unscrewing it to charge though.

I bought the same Letonpower light, 10 LED version. Haven't got batteries to test mine yet. For the price I impressed with the build quality and good customer support. Hilarious packaging though "DIVING DEEP LOVE" and "Dcuba diving". What do you mean by PCB rotation? Let me know how the light works out for you, I'm anxiously awaiting batteries to see how bright it is.
If you check further back in this thread, other members have detailed the problem with the internal PCB, where the batteries contact in the lamp half of the torch, rotating due to the friction of the batteries. Annoyingly (or conveniently, whichever way you look at it) both the PCB and housing have notches cut out that when aligned create a circle, so you can wedge two bits of whatever in these notches at either side of the PCB to stop it rotating and eventually tearing the wires off. The manufacturer seems to have skipped this or maybe they were intended for wires to pass through. It has a cheap circlip holding it in place which you need to remove to see the notches.

Since buying mine I spotted on the first page of this post that the OP reviewed the three different variants of this light. Despite the branding for Letonpower it appears to be exactly the same as the A11, which is estimated at 7000 Lumens (so 1/3 of what they advertise it at lol!).

I sheepishly took mine for a dive to 20 meters last night (the Piezo switches have not arrived yet) and so far no flooding issues. It works pretty well - I ran mine on the low setting with the occasional use of the blue LED on it's own and after an 80 minute dive it was still running, though I noticed at that point if I tried to run the torch on the highest power mode the LED on the switch would turn red after about 10 seconds (indicating low battery?) but turning the torch off and back on but switching to low power mode the switch remained blue. I don't have a charger to test the batteries after that dive but popping one into another torch which has LED status showed between 30 - 70%. Worth mentioning that I purchased my own 18650B batteries from a local supplier, supposedly 3400 mah.

Not bad really for the price with a few mods. I'm unsure how long the LEDs will last before burning out. Also the housing does not have a separate sleeve inside for the battery negative current to travel along, so it's susceptible to cathodic corrosion.
FYI mine is BB14-7 on the Aliexpress LetonPower listing.

*Edit*
Although the BB14-7 from Letonpower has the same layout as the A11, the 6 white LEDs are slightly different in that the A11 appears to have 4 emitters inside each dome, where as the BB14-7 has 7 emitters inside each dome. I'm unsure if/how this affects performance or output.

I don't have a charger to test the batteries after that dive
Big fan of these
Also the housing does not have a separate sleeve inside for the battery negative current to travel along, so it's susceptible to cathodic corrosion.
Interesting. Never really considered that.
Do we think the switches are already Piezo on this newer version?
No way those are Piezo switches. I looked closely at the video and those are mechanical. Not sure how well they will last in comparison to the others, but generally look like somewhat higher quality ones you'd find in chinese-imported brands (like TovaTec). No idea until people use em, but probably a good sign that they changed switches.
I also ordered some Piezo switches for it which I'm still waiting to arrive.
Let me know how that goes. I'm interested. I'm very satisfied with mine that I installed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom