Cheap Padi IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oezkan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Divers,

I just became a dive master with padi and now really wanna become an instructor. I have checked already many centres and countries to do it but it seems that this is veeeeeeeery expensive. Is there any centre in any country (preferred in Africa or Europe), where I could find IDC including EFRI, all fees and all materials for 2000 eur or is that impossible?

Hi Divers,

I just became a dive master with padi and now really wanna become an instructor. I have checked already many centres and countries to do it but it seems that this is veeeeeeeery expensive. Is there any centre in any country (preferred in Africa or Europe), where I could find IDC including EFRI, all fees and all materials for 2000 eur or is that impossible?
Seriously? You don't care at all about the quality of instruction or the networking to help you get started in your career? Why do you want to become an instructor? Are you willing to work/intern with whomever is offering the IDC so they get something out of it? Are you aware that the IDCD Crew-Pak alone sells for almost $1000?

Maybe try contacting Don's..... they have some really good discounts!

5KFnWhC.jpg

Hi Divers,

Not if you find an internship program. The materials for the IDC (crewpack, elearning, slates) and EFR Instructor crew pack alone are over $1000. Most shops charge between 2-3 k for the course, plus the PADI fees and crew packs.

if you want to stay under 2k the only method is an internship agreement-where you get the IDC after completing your low pay internship as a DM and Instructor candidate for between months and 1 year. If you want to pay less, you need to work it off.

PADI knows that after you are an instructor, the big money will start pouring in. What with the villa in Spain, new Corvette every year, 46' Hatteras dive boat, Cirrus SR 22 airplane, the cost of the IDC will be nothing to a high rolling dive instructor.

What you want most is an IDC that will make you a good instructor, A few bucks more won't hurt in the long run. Right now the IDCs are in a state of transition in how they teach instructor skills. The best are now teaching those skills neutrally buoyant and in horizontal trim. The ones who have not made the move yet are still teaching skills on the knees. You do not want to learn the skills on your knees.

Hi Divers,

It depends on what your plan is. So what's the plan? Doing it at home would be the cheapest as you don't have to travel. SE Asia has probably the cheapest packages (accomodation, extra dives, etc.). There are several instructor mills on Koh Tao for example.
Even on Koh Tao, 2 grand wont be enough to get you there, feed you, pay PADI fees, insurance, the class etc.

You have good diving where you live... nothing is going to be cheaper than doing it locally.

Pay now and reap the benefits later.
How much do instructors make in the Philippines?

Edit: I just saw it's an older thread after I posted this. Still wonder what the OP is or was up to and what happened.

Other agencies are cheaper, so maybe look around to that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom