Cheap Photographie...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BartBe

Reaction score
Hi all...

Does anyone know a good but cheap photographie solution...
Are there any of those throw-away underwater cameras that give a good result ?

Thanks

BartBe once bubbled...
Hi all...

Does anyone know a good but cheap photographie solution...
Are there any of those throw-away underwater cameras that give a good result ?

Thanks

I saw one produced by Fuji (rated to 5m). A friend of mine used it once to take pictures of people doing their discovery dives and most of the pics (close range) were OK. He took it at 15m and it survived.

Edit:
I found it - it's "Fujifilm Quick Snap Waterproof 35mm Single Use Camera" here's the one link:

http://www.coolshopping.com/cameras...p%20Waterproof%2035mm%20Single%20Use%20Camera

I had the Ikelite box for the Kodak disposable cameras. It performed as expected. You could take it on a dive, it was rated for like 60 feet. I wouldn't take pictures till I was up in less thabn 20 feet to get the best light. Pick one up used, I bet you could get one for under $50.

I've found there are a number of different makes of disposable u/w cameras.

In the past when I've used one, I found the best pics were 10' or shallower. Below that there is not sufficient light for a great pic, though the images are there. I learned to use it only for snorkelling. I now own a u/w camera so it's been awhile since I have used a disposable, but I don't think they have changed much.

I remember taking the camera waaaaaaaaaay past the max depth (typically 15' ) on a dive, but it wouldn't work (no shutter action). The camera survived, and continued to work once I got back to the correct depth.

I bought a Kodak Max Water and Sport disposable camera for about $8 dollars and it took some great pictures in Cozumel. It goes to 50 feet. I took some great pictures at about 40 feet with good sunlight above.

DivingGal once bubbled...

I remember taking the camera waaaaaaaaaay past the max depth (typically 15' ) on a dive, but it wouldn't work (no shutter action). The camera survived, and continued to work once I got back to the correct depth.

i tried one of the disposables @ ~65ft - not enough lite for a good shot, shutter release quit working - you had to wind the camera till it fired :) it continued to work but it had some copper colored "stains" on the inside of the housing after that so it leaked a little.

I took a kodak disposable down deep... waaaay deep... i think to 100ft... no leak, no work.
The pressure fires the shutter on its own.
James method would be a good idea though... point and advance... make sure you pick up a camera with 800 speed film (not 400) if you want to shoot it deep.

Snapsights (www.snapsights.com) makes a disposable good to 85 feet with a flash. they are running about 12-13 bucks here in Kona.

The picture quality isn't great, but Ok, but that's the case with disposables in general. One nice thing it does have is there is a closeup lens which is available for roughly 5 bucks which allows for shots as close as 16 inches or so.

later

Steve

Back
Top Bottom