Cheap watches that won't die when you scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second the $16 Armitron. I've had two. Toss 'em when the battery dies in a year or so.
Once the O ring on the back is opened I don't trust it. I've had mine to 110'. I don't push the light button (one the one with a light) underwater. Both watches have been very dependable so far. (About 70 dives).

I purchased a G Shock in 1985 and now my son uses it, about 500 dives or so on it, multiple bands, but only a couple battery changes. I started using another G Shock a couple of years ago because it had a cooler face (little swirly things). My wife and daughter use the shark watches as timeres, about 100 dives on them and no problems

I had an analog Citizen watch that I loved. It was rated WR 100m (right on the face of the watch) and I went snorkeling with it once and I noticed condensation in it so I didn't wear it in water again. About a year later the watch stopped working. I sent it to Citizen and they reported back that the entire inside had rusted out and they asked if I ever went swimming with it. I told them that I snorkeled with it and never went below 10'. They actually said, "Oh you can't go swimming with these watches." I haven't trusted Citizen since then.

How about some thoughts on solar or self winding "automatic" analog watches that could survive recreational diving <100'?

They actually said, "Oh you can't go swimming with these watches." I haven't trusted Citizen since then.

Wow thats hard to belive. well that Citizen told you that, I have had nothing but great service when i have needed to get something fix. I have been very hard on my Citizen watch.

Back
Top Bottom