Cheap!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markrovner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok I found me a really cheap airfare to Grand Cayman, where I haven't been since my OW checkout dives in 2005. I want to dive with Don Foster's again cause I thought they were terrific.

Going at the end of June. Is it possible to stay in Cayman for (way) less than $200 a night and somewhere on the Don Foster's pickup route (between 7 mile beach and the shop).

Thanks in advance!

We just went down in March on a last minute cheap flight deal and got in the Comfort Suites for under $200 a night peak season (and they gave an extra 10% off for AAA). The rooms, while not real big, are clean and include a small kitchenettes with micro and frig and offers free wi fi in the rooms and a PC down in the breakfast room. A good continental breakfast is included for free. The Tiki bar out by the pool is nice. Its technically on 7 mile beach although it is obscured from the beach by another property, but does have direct access to the beach. It is on a good part of 7 mile with lots of stuff within walking distance. Also, the bus stops are all over the place. Don Fosters has their satellite shop onsite, so you can certainly be picked up, as I caught the bus there.

The Courtyard (formerly the Holiday Inn) is a little further out on the north end of 7 mile, but I think they pick up there and you may get it a little cheaper than Comfort Suites. If Don Fosters will not pick up there, you can catch the bus for cheap. The Sunset House is usually available under $200, but it is south of Don Fosters and not on 7 mile.

I did some dives with Don Fosters and had a good time. I would also try to pick up some shore dives down at Eden Rock. You can catch the bus downtown for cheap.

i stayed at the Comfott Suites and it was fine. Thanks for your advice!

I just got a very attractive quote for a sleep/dive package at Comfort Suites. Can you confirm that they really have wifi? Unfortunately I'm going to need to work while i am there...

Thanks all!

blawler1:
We just went down in March on a last minute cheap flight deal and got in the Comfort Suites for under $200 a night peak season (and they gave an extra 10% off for AAA). The rooms, while not real big, are clean and include a small kitchenettes with micro and frig and offers free wi fi in the rooms and a PC down in the breakfast room. A good continental breakfast is included for free. The Tiki bar out by the pool is nice. Its technically on 7 mile beach although it is obscured from the beach by another property, but does have direct access to the beach. It is on a good part of 7 mile with lots of stuff within walking distance. Also, the bus stops are all over the place. Don Fosters has their satellite shop onsite, so you can certainly be picked up, as I caught the bus there.

The Courtyard (formerly the Holiday Inn) is a little further out on the north end of 7 mile, but I think they pick up there and you may get it a little cheaper than Comfort Suites. If Don Fosters will not pick up there, you can catch the bus for cheap. The Sunset House is usually available under $200, but it is south of Don Fosters and not on 7 mile.

I did some dives with Don Fosters and had a good time. I would also try to pick up some shore dives down at Eden Rock. You can catch the bus downtown for cheap.

I checked their website, but it only stated computer hook up, but I know that free wi fi was advertised in the rooms when we went it March, because I had decided not to take my laptop to cut down on stuff to keep up with and then regretted it when I saw the free wi fi. We just used the free PC down in the breakfast area to check email and confirm our return flights and would have just ended up using the laptop to watch DVDs on the flight.

Try emailing them through their website and they can confirm this for you, but I am certain that they were advertising it a month ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom