Cheapest AL80s Online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am looking for 2 or 4 AL80 tanks. I have found them as cheap as $124+35 for a din/yoke valve with free shipping. Does anyone know of some really good deals going on right now for tanks? I would consider used but so many of them I see are just as expensive as new ones when you consider shipping, new hydro, etc. I am looking at AL80s for my wife and I to use and if she stops diving I can put them into a nice shallow water double set.

Don't know where you're located but in SoCal, used AL80 tanks on craigslist run around $80 or so with current hydro and viz. A friend I dive with got a pair in hydro for $70 total.

If you're talking brand new AL80's, then the price you've already found (and the free shipping) is about as cheap as you're gonna get....unless you want to make it a career to search the planet for a few more months to save maybe another $ 5 somewhere....eventually.

Just remember that they probably ship empty and you will probably be on the hook for a local VIP. I'd factor that not local negotiations and make the deal cash & carry.

What is the price locally? For 2-4 I would perhaps try to make a deal. Seems locally one of my shops wanted $200. I would probably try to negotiate a 10 punch airfill card. to make up the difference.

Go to cheapscubaonline.com. That's the best deal around. New S80 Catalina cylinders, with a valve, VIP and free shipping is only $149.00! Check out their other stuff too.

we sell new alum 80's for $189. thats with a current vip and fill.By the time you get it online and pay for vip and a fill what do you save?

If it has a current sticker, you really should not need a new VIP, even if it's shipped with the valve off. Just look inside, it's not like the tank will corrode during the 2-3 days it takes to get to your address. If you have access to a means of transfilling from another tank, you can just peek inside to make sure nobody left part of their lunch in there, then install the valve and put a few hundred PSI in the tank. Then go pay for a fill.

If you don't have any way of putting a little air in the tank, it gets a bit more complicated. A good dive shop would respect the sticker on the new tank, install the valve and fill, maybe charging a few dollars to put the valve in, if anything. Of course, how many shops would seize on the opportunity to put their own sticker on it? Lots, I'm afraid to say.

Go to cheapscubaonline.com. That's the best deal around. New S80 Catalina cylinders, with a valve, VIP and free shipping is only $149.00! Check out their other stuff too.

I wouldn't feel comfortable ordering from them. The web site is very poorly done, smells like a scam. Anybody have any positive experiences with them?

I wouldn't feel comfortable ordering from them. The web site is very poorly done, smells like a scam. Anybody have any positive experiences with them?
from nelligoon's posting history, 5 out of 11 posts are about the scuba online site. also, this thread seems to indicate there's some sort of viral marketing at work here.

I have no idea if the site is legit, and i am not accusing anyone of anything: I am just using the search function. However, I think for a few bucks more I could find a new tank from a proven online company, wait for a sale @ LDS, or save a few bucks and buying used on craigslist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom