Cheapish Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lambster

Registered
Reaction score
My Girlfriend and I are flying into Puerto Rico from Sweden in October. We are keen to do some diving either on PR or Dominican Republic or somewhere else nearby. But the problem is that we have not got a lot of $$$. Can anybody recommend a place where the diving is pretty good in October and the accommodation and diving do not cost too much..

From the other posts i have got an idea of where the "best best" places are. Caymans and Bonaire etc but they seem to be pretty expensive...

Any recommendations would be appreciated...........

lambster:
My Girlfriend and I are flying into Puerto Rico from Sweden in October. We are keen to do some diving either on PR or Dominican Republic or somewhere else nearby. But the problem is that we have not got a lot of $$$. Can anybody recommend a place where the diving is pretty good in October and the accommodation and diving do not cost too much..

From the other posts i have got an idea of where the "best best" places are. Caymans and Bonaire etc but they seem to be pretty expensive...

Any recommendations would be appreciated...........
on a per dive basis-meaning on what you spend on a trip to how many dives you do-Bonaire is very hard to beat..In PR you may do 2 dives a day for the week..In Bonaire you can do 4/5 in a day.. to get a cost per dive basis divide the number of dives you do by how much you spend to get there,hotel,meals,etc and you will see that Bonaire is a bargain.

Diving in PR is wonderful however the best of it is accessible by boat, which, alas means additional expense.

Shore diving destinations will give you the most dives and the least cost. Bonaire is reputed to have the best shore diving in the Caribbean.

Also… October here in the Caribbean is hurricane season. If it happens that a storm is brewing during the time you are here you will be out of luck.

As far as boat diving goes it is going to be hard to beat Utila,Honduras at 18.50 per tank,

Rexman where can I find out more about Honduras Thats a place Ive never been and Im always looking for new adventures. Later Wayne

Honduras is in the Central and South America Section.

Search

Deep Blue Utila
Anthony's Key Resort
Coco View
Inn of Last Resort
West Side
Laguna Beach Resort
Utila Aggressor

Just to start.

Just do a web search for Utila diving and Roatan diving, or Bay islands diving

lambster:
My Girlfriend and I are flying into Puerto Rico from Sweden in October.

Say guys, before we send Lambster off to Honduras, did anyone look at his question?

He is going on a honeymoon. Look at his profile. Look at his other two posts. He has already researched Utila/Roatan. He has selected Puerto Rico.

He may imagine that he is going to flit from there to somewhere else, but that isn't really possible or cost effective. He is going to Puerto Rico.

I am sure they have some very reasonable dive packages available there. Anyone?

Grab a flight over to Bonaire on AA. There are several inexpensive places to stay on Bonaire. Check out Golden Reef Inn. Liz has a complete dive package for around $550 USD. www.goldenreefinn.com

Back
Top Bottom