Check Out My New Wheels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh very nice....i would like to give it a go while travelling and see how indestructable it is against the airlines but we dont have alot of your stores down here

Almitywife,

Just curious, what sort of Lowes, Home Depot, or big box home improvement stores do you have there?

SuSexFulDiver:
I modified the inside of the lids on the 2 I have with sheets of plexiglass, and aluminum railing, so that mine has sliding doors on the inside of the lid, so I can use all of those small cubby holes in the lids as compartments to store parts, when the lid is down shut.

Awesome idea with the plexiglass!

SuSexFulDiver:
Also I notice the 2 slots in the top of the lid which is normally used to hold 2x4 pieces of wood, might be able to hold 2 tanks instead of 1 tank. The groves look like they would keep the tanks from rolling, but not from sliding off the top. I would rig something also that will hold the tops and bottoms of the tanks to secure the tanks on the top of the lid.

I'm sure that with some careful planning, a steady hand, and an angle grinder, you could cut a couple of slots to pass some straps through.

SuSexFulDiver:
I have thought about buying 2 more, for my girl and my scuba gear...

You want to store your girl in the box!!! :11:
sorry, I couldn't resist :D

I have a feeling this could be the start of a big 'Show us your wheels' thread

:cheers:

CivilE

So, I would guess, to put the wheelez beach tires on, you take off the wheels, run the axle through and put the wheelez wheels on?

Probably also need a longer axle and spacer to keep the tires from rubbing.

marshallkarp:
Almitywife,

Just curious, what sort of Lowes, Home Depot, or big box home improvement stores do you have there?

lowes for us is a cheap mens clothing store and we dont have home depot

we have a hardware/everything you can imagine store called Bunnings... and if they dont stock it, no-one else stocks it as they are putting all other hardware/gardening/tools/storage businesses out of business :shakehead:

Those are the ones. The only difference I see is the latches. Mine are metal.
I have both sizes. The smaller one will hold all of my lovely brides gear and I use the larger one for my stuff (and the extra stuff as well)

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom