Check out Z-Gears new GoPro Dive Mount I have Been Using off the main Island of Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul Cwalina

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
G0841782.jpgG0701372.jpg

Got this BCD Mount From Z-Gear and have been using it in Fiji for the past week. This was a 22 meter dive and the video was absolutely fantastic. I loved being able to have my hands free when diving. The only problem I encountered was the Regulator hose was sometimes getting in the way of the video but I contacted Z-Gear about this and they told me it was because I did not use the safety strap. Hopefully they will be coming out soon with something that I can fit my main Regulator through so I do not have to deal with this issue in the future.
Check out this size of that bull shark! I was blown away, pissed my pants a little but still stayed calm. All footage was taken with a Hero3 black edition with no filter or light. I will post video of this once I get it loaded on to youtube. The Footage came out amazing!

It just went on sale for 29.99 on the site! I am upset that I did not wait for this sale. Anyways the link to the sale is Z GEAR, Scuba, Carlsbad, CA 92009 - about If any one is interested. I will be posting footage in the next few days from a live aboard that I am doing out of Cairns, Australia using this mount.

It just went on sale for 29.99 on the site! I am upset that I did not wait for this sale. Anyways the link to the sale is Z GEAR, Scuba, Carlsbad, CA 92009 - about If any one is interested. I will be posting footage in the next few days from a live aboard that I am doing out of Cairns, Australia using this mount.

Hi Paul,
It was great to talk to you about your mount issue's. I'm sure switching to the left side took care of the regulator hose in the frame. I look forward to seeing your video.
Frank

Interesting. I wish there were closer pictures on the web site---I can't watch the videos on this computer (funky network issue).

Could the mount be adapted for other cameras? I have an ATC Chameleon that is a good candidate for a shoulder mount.

Any experience with this in kelp? I lost my snorkel to kelp recently and got tangled up in fishing line yesterday.

I have this mount. It sounds like you ran into the same issue I had with the hose getting in the way. I, along with some dive buddies modified the mount and I dont have the issue anymore. The loc links are filled with some sort of epoxy for stiffness but we were able to pop of the end L/ acctual camera mount bracket and add more loc line to it. It also makes it where I can move the camera around underwater and get what ever shots I want. I really like the mount alot. I am having the problem now of the plactic that holds the strap on is starting to crack. I am worried that it will eventually completely break but as of right now I am reinforcing it with tape and babying it.

here is some of the video I have shot with this mount.

Beaufort, NC Wreck Diving - YouTube

Cape San Blas, FL Dive 6-26-13 - YouTube

Diving The LuLu and Navy Tug (6/15 - 16/ 2013) Gulf Shores, AL - YouTube

3D diver, right now our mount only supports the GoPro. We will have a 1/4-20 mount coming out in the future. As far as using it in the kelp we haven't have any issues.

bburkes, your video's are wonderful. We haven't had any problems with the plate cracking but I would like to speak to you regarding the issue. I will PM you my phone number. Customer service is top priority here at Z Gear.

Thank you both for your questions and feedback, Julie Garrido

No later than two weeks, this is a simple 1/4 20 ( stainless steel tripod connector) that we will offer to those who wish to use our mount with other types of small cameras on their BCD. Example Intova, midland cameras,etc...Stay tuned!

No later than two weeks, this is a simple 1/4 20 ( stainless steel tripod connector) that we will offer to those who wish to use our mount with other types of small cameras on their BCD. Example Intova, midland cameras,etc...Stay tuned!

That's cool the Intova is what I'm looking at getting and that'll be a nice addition

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom