Cheers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mmx06

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Greeting to all!

Being a former Navy guy i like(d) offshore/oceanic sailing more than diving (never interested me in the past).
Now, the gentle reader might ask, if this is true then how on earth you ended up a scuba diver?

Well, it began 3 years ago: Two of my best friends (both avid scuba divers) convinced me on a "Dude vacation", leaving wives and girlfriend back home. Destination: The Maldives.
Hmm, ok, nice beaches, relaxing in the sun and some snorkeling, so i thought. However during our stay i was constantly harassed by them: " Do an Intro Dive", "You need to do it", "You wont forget it", blah, blah blah.
So as the vacation came to a close, i finally gave in since i was really annoyed.
They applauded me for performing an Intro Dive without killing my Guide and introduced my to the "Deko Bier" tradition (after your final dive of the day, having some beers). They got me drunk and made me promise to do a dive certification back home.
Little did i know of the change from 30 Deg.C. crystal clear water to 7 Deg.C. muddy green water of a german lake. D'oh! :)
But i managed to get my certification, so here i am, hehehe.

Cheers!

There are many paths to the dark side. But you finally made it!

Welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom