Question Chest Clutter with SMS75

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dann-Oh

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone has tips for clearing up the chest region. I feel a little cluttered between the chest strap, drysuit inflator and lpi hose.

Does anyone use a modified chest strap or remove the chest strap?

Any recommendations are welcomed.

Get a Razor? Sorry, JK. Please post a photo. . .

I use a Dive-Rite Nomad Ray. I have my own version of a chest strap on it. I carry my markers (cave) on one of the chest D-Rings. I frequently carry a Go-Pro and a light diffuser on that same chest D-Ring and when not in use I carry my primary light on the other chest D-Ring. Of course the air cell inflator is connected to the right side chest D-Ring.

All that and I don't feel like it is cluttered.

SMS75 has 4 d-rings and two tank rings on the back. Clip the items you need to see (compass, alt computer, ...) or handle (inflators, regs) to the front rings. Add an extra set of shoulder strap rings. Add an extra set of belt rings. there is also a crotch strap ring. Each item can be in it's own easily accessible place, and can be located in zero viz. My rig is a SMS75 harness with a SMS100 dual wing.

SMS75 has 4 d-rings and two tank rings on the back. Clip the items you need to see (compass, alt computer, ...) or handle (inflators, regs) to the front rings. Add an extra set of shoulder strap rings. Add an extra set of belt rings. there is also a crotch strap ring. Each item can be in it's own easily accessible place, and can be located in zero viz. My rig is a SMS75 harness with a SMS100 dual wing.
At that point, maybe some daisy chains sewn into all of your suit, maybe some clipped off camelbacks on each of the bottles? Couple diveAlerts and Ducks on each inflator for good measure.

Or just use pockets to store stuff vs. adding unnecessary d-rings and looking like a Christmas tree underwater.

Do you have a photo of your setup?

Get a Razor? Sorry, JK. Please post a photo. . .
Ill try to get a photo of my in my kit this weekend. It will likely be a dry land photo.

I use a Dive-Rite Nomad Ray. I have my own version of a chest strap on it. when not in use I carry my primary light on the other chest D-Ring. Of course the air cell inflator is connected to the right side chest D-Ring.

All that and I don't feel like it is cluttered.
Do you have a photo of your chest strap?

Just wait until you have 2 LPI's, stage regs and a MAV, then it's cluttered....
Thats why I dive a drysuit. I dont need 2 LPIs
I have 2x shoulder D-Rings for my tanks (on land) and then my light when not in use. Everything else goes in my butt pouch or drysuit pockets. But this does sounds like a way to make sure I have my back up snorkel with me on the dive ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom