Chevrolet Camaro MAKO1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JJEH

Reaction score
# of dives
Guys,

I’m glad and proud to introduce to you my future project called

10298609il.jpg

10298610ru.jpg

This is pretty close to what I had in mind. Thanks to Keith Kaucher (Kaucher Kustoms) for transferring my idea to paper.

The striking changes are:

Louvres in Hood
Gills in front fender
Paint job

Because it is supposed to be a homebuilt project I will not be able to build it exactly how I wanted. But it still will bring a lot of fun.

I hope I can hit the roads with it in 2014.

Let me know what you think
smile.png

Spiffy, as long as it's red, or deep blue - or maybe silver.

Why would being home built keep you from building it the way you want? What would you like to do that cannot be done at home?

And I forgot to mention that it looks like a beautiful project. What are your plans for the powertrain?

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk.

Thank you fellas :)

How about blue-gray blending into white.
I like your ride height - it would look good on 20's.

It's might hard to see, but it is blending into white. I chose another color as GM, simply because I don't copy. And I like this color better anyway. Also, not everything is possible on paper. So this is a pretty close rendering, but we will see how it finally comes out. The max. tire size will be 18", but I aim for 17". Why? Becuse I had my best experience with 17" wheels and wanna drive the !%#$ out of it on road and track :wink:

And I forgot to mention that it looks like a beautiful project. What are your plans for the powertrain?

Thank you dirty dog. What keeps me from building it exactly like I want it is $$$. So I have to reduce my wishlist a little bit for right now and will upgrade to a later point.

Originally I wanted to go with a 427, but I will choose a ZZ4 instead. This should be attached to a Tremec 5-speed and a 12 bolt rear end. You see, nothing fancy, I just like to build a Camaro "my way" :)

I have never owned a small block, but have owned my share of BIG BLOCKS with my last one being a 496ci. I love horse power and torque...says the guy who now drives a Prius. A great motor for GM based street vehicles is a 383ci with a custom crank. Gobs of torque and plenty of HP.

Have you ever undertaken a complete resto? What about body modifications? Do you have all the tools necessary?

Do you already have the car body? Hopefully you are not starting with an all original vehicle...pet peeve of mine. Nothing wrong with hacking up a car and building what you want, just don't do it to grandpa's car. Can you explain what the front end is based upon? Kinda like an RS, but it is totally different.

How many Ford parts is it going to have? LOL Nothing beats a 9 inch!

Have you ever undertaken a complete resto? What about body modifications? Do you have all the tools necessary?

No to all of the above.

Do you already have the car body?

No.

Can you explain what the front end is based upon? Kinda like an RS, but it is totally different.

Basis for the rendering is a 1973 Z28. Black headlight frames, black billet grille. And w/o side markers.

How many Ford parts is it going to have? LOL Nothing beats a 9 inch!

Right, I think abt. that. But it would be the only Ford part in this project :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom