Chicago, Illinois

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harold Meyer

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello--my name is Harold Meyer and I am new to all of this---being certified the 17 for open water and hope to be able to have fun from then on in----hope to meet a lot of new people and have lottsa fun----only one problem--I am deaf--do not sign but talk and read lips pretty good

Welcome to diving and Scubaboard!
When you're ready to get diving, let us know. Lots of great people from Great Lakes Wrecking Crew hang out here. There's still time to get some good dives in before the season ends. A lot of us hang out at Haigh Quarry in Kankakee. Just put up a post, or watch for one and you'll find a buddy/group.

Oh and as far as being deaf, that's no problem. I tend not too talk too much when I'm diving! :D

The best part about diving is not being able to hear anybody! Besides if you need to make noise underwater to get my attention, I am not being a good buddy. Whenever you are ready to dive, just let us know. There a plenty of us around to go diving with if you are into it. We dive a fair bit at Haigh Quarry. Besides as a big time talker, it might do me good to have someone around me that can't hear a darn thing I am saying instead of pretending that they did not hear me. :D

T Besides as a big time talker, it might do me good to have someone around me that can't hear a darn thing I am saying instead of pretending that they did not hear me. :D

Sorry, were you saying something???

Welcome to Scuba Board...there are a lot of good people on here and a good diving bunch around the Great Lakes region.

Again welcome to Scuba Board and look forward to see you underwater sometime.

Wow--I sure didnt expect anyone to reply---I go out to Pearl lake the 17th and 18th for open water certification--from what I understand --thats the last day for diving at Pearl---not sure when the season ends but it will be too soon thats for sure---if Haigh's closes then I guess its going to be in the spring that I finally get out there---I want to get some confined diving under my belt before trying Lake Michigan wrecks---prolly take deep water cert too---anyway--thank you all for taking the time to post and I am looking forward to diving with you
Harold Meyer

Welcome to the Board. Haigh will be open into November. I'm not sure of the exact date but it should be posted on the Haigh website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom