Chinese diving equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Div08v video light from Brinyte and very happy with the build and quality of it. But then I purchased this because one out of two Div01v torches refused to turn on on my last trip to komodo in 2015. It looks like some driver circuitry in the head conked off because I can use the head of the other Div01 on either body. I emailed them in 2016 and they offered to repair for free provided I bear the shipping cost, and then I forgot about it because I was house shifting.

1/3rd the price of comparable torches from western companies and great function.

You are buying direct from the OEM.

The same light is probably being offered at 2 or 3X the price by others.

Can tell about regulators.
Using two WMD (WellMarineDivers) regulators FS-811 DIN ICE over 6-7 years. Works very well. Very nice, construction same as one of Reyson, but inner threads is little different.
No problems with spare parts. Bought it from Taiwan internet shop.
Another WMD (but with Problue trademark) FS-810S DIN (simple pistone reg) using near ten years. No serviced during this time :) Also works well.

In my early beginning I bought Aqualung Kronos.
When I disassembled it - I`v removed long brass facing from HP and LP ports and small brass particles from membrane nut.
So, no difference for country of origin, just manufacturer responsibility.

There are two China out there, ROC or prc.
Two completely different countries especially on political view. The President of ROC was democratically elected while prc is NOT.

does not matter, most Taiwan companies has manufacture in China due to cheap labour power, bur quality control - from Taiwan.

Back
Top Bottom