Choice drives me totally nuts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moby67

Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone explain to me the following points

> Wings versus no wings
> Integrated weight system versus no integrated weight system
> Tech versus no tech
>Zilllion rings versus a couple that are useful

Now I am thinking to get the SeaQuest Black Diamond/ or the SeaQuest Pro+

Any plusses and minus for these 2

Thanks in Advance

Wings:

An inflatable air bladder which can be attached to a backplate or various harness systems. They come in a large variety of shapes, sizes and colours for both single and double tanks.

Integrated Weights:

Weight is placed in a dichable pocket. The pocket is hard mounted to the BC or Harness. It can eliminate the need for a weight belt or weight system.

Tech:

Diving that involves a imposes a cealing preventing direct accent to the surface, virtual or real. "Tech" BC's are just a BC marketed towards technical diveing. Mostly a marketing ploy to trick people into buying overpriced BCD's.

D-Rings:

Personal prefence. I use 4 of my rig. 2 shoulder, 1 hip and one but ring. I can't see the need for any more untill I get a scooter. Most stuff goes into my pockets.

The type of diving you plan to do affects your choice.

IF you plan to do warm water - wetsuit NDL diving then I would recommend the Seaquest Balance. It is:

- Back inflate (better trim control more comfort etc.)
- Streamlined
- Weight integrated (much better than a weight belt IMHO)
- Minimalist
- Very comfortable
- Pretty popular on the board

Do a search on Balance and you will turn up a lot of opinions / information.

If you plan to do either cold water or tech (overhead) diving there are others here that can advise you better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom