Choice of two sidemount longhose arrangements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
大家好,前段时间我在社交媒体上发了一张照片,我的长管的排列在左边。有朋友很认真的骂我,说要按照图片右边的布局,不然会显得“不纯”。. .:eek:
我觉得这很有趣,因为我一直很喜欢我的长软管设置并熟练使用它。
请大家发表意见,我也很高兴了解更多关于SM的历史和知识。
100-cubic-foot-aluminum-scuba-tank.png

They say that if you ask ten sidemount divers the best way to set up equipment you'll get eleven answers. I stow my long hose like the diagram on the left, but the internal loop gets pulled out during the dive. When I stow again at the end of the dive, it often looks like like the diagram on the right. Both are fine. Just watch that you don't trap the hose, obviously.

As for learning more about sidemount, Rob Neto's book Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide is a good resource.

I totally agree with your point of view! cheers!
They say that if you ask ten sidemount divers the best way to set up equipment you'll get eleven answers. I stow my long hose like the diagram on the left, but the internal loop gets pulled out during the dive. When I stow again at the end of the dive, it often looks like like the diagram on the right. Both are fine. Just watch that you don't trap the hose, obviously.

As for learning more about sidemount, Rob Neto's book Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide is a good resource.

Where does your long hose loop sit in relation to your body? Is it next to the body, or on the outside of the cylinder facing away from the body?

Reactions: Shi
Where does your long hose loop sit in relation to your body? Is it next to the body, or on the outside of the cylinder facing away from the body?
Hi, next to the body.
WX20220919-135310@2x.png

Left diagram

Reactions: Shi
Neither, but it's closer to the one on the left. The difference is that my inside loop goes the other way so there are no very sharp bends at all. It's more like a coil, and the inner loop never gets trapped. All hoses are best kept close to the body and not out where they can get snagged on stuff.

Neither, but it's closer to the one on the left. The difference is that my inside loop goes the other way so there are no very sharp bends at all. It's more like a coil, and the inner loop never gets trapped. All hoses are best kept close to the body and not out where they can get snagged on stuff.
It sounds great but cannot visualize it. Do you have a picture you can share?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom