Choice of two sidemount longhose arrangements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fairly new to SM, but so far I've just used the right setup because that's what my instructor was doing at the time

I don't know about "Best." I'm lazy, and stuff my long-hose in the bungies of my tank, only deploying just long enough for me to use. (None of that wrap-around-head style). As far as how to route the hose stuffed in the bungies? I don't know. I doubt it matters much. The type of tank-bungies will probably have a much bigger impact on how it deploys.

I used to set mine up like the left but have changed to the right. Why did I change? I felt like it deployed better that way and tugged on my neck less but really it is just personal preference. If it is comfortable and you can fully deploy it, it doesn't really matter.

It sounds great but cannot visualize it. Do you have a picture you can share?
Nope, that's why I didn't include one when I made the comment. I was thinking as I wrote it that I wished I did have a picture because surely someone would not be able to visualize it from my crude description. That someone was you.

大家好,前段时间我在社交媒体上发了一张照片,我的长管的排列在左边。有朋友很认真的骂我,说要按照图片右边的布局,不然会显得“不纯”。. .:eek:
我觉得这很有趣,因为我一直很喜欢我的长软管设置并熟练使用它。
请大家发表意见,我也很高兴了解更多关于SM的历史和知识。
View attachment 743607
There are no knots or any other obstructions in either hose routing.

I tug the long hose under my belt and wrap it around my neck - not stowing it along the cylinder.
- this simplifies pre-dive OOA drills.

I could use the dive light battery canister too, but the belt seems to work better initially.

ps. my short hose does make un U-turn along the cylinder to give me a way to adjust its length during the dive. I love it.

Fairly new to SM, but so far I've just used the right setup because that's what my instructor was doing at the time
The hose just wants to be free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom