Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Nippon Nautiloids

• The Scuba-Jins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
As promised here is the poll. I have made it public to keep it transparant!!

I had to leave out Fugu Finatics Japan as I didn't hear it was OK to use it. If that's a problem let me know.

For the record, I'd like to point out that "The Zen of Diving" is a trademark of Mar Scuba.

At this time, we are not sponsoring a dive club, however, in the future we will sponsor a technical diving team, called the Mar Scuba Expedition Team.

Just posting this notice so that there are no questions in the future in case the poll decides that "Zen Divers" will be the name of the forum.

I'm all for "Zen Divers". Short & sweet.

HakoFugu:
The actual choice in the poll is Zen Divers of Japan - and there isn't anyway to change it in the poll now! Short of abandoning this poll and starting again I don't see how to do anything.

HakoFugu:

'Zen Divers' is fine for us, but for an *outsider* it doesn't explicitly tell that the forum is anything to with Japan, so they might miss us :(

Mar Scuba:
For the record, I'd like to point out that "The Zen of Diving" is a trademark of Mar Scuba.

At this time, we are not sponsoring a dive club, however, in the future we will sponsor a technical diving team, called the Mar Scuba Expedition Team.

Just posting this notice so that there are no questions in the future in case the poll decides that "Zen Divers" will be the name of the forum.

but i guess "Zen Divers of Japan" its not infringing your trademark, so it should be ok ?! :wink:

just wanted to be sure....

Yes, probably "Zen Divers" would probably not be considered an "infringement".

True, "Zen Divers" doesn't contain "Japan", but, as NetDoc pointed out, "Japan" will be in our group description.

Kim, maybe if everyone chooses "Zen Divers of Japan" on the poll, we can shorten it to "Zen Divers" afterward, if everyone's game? Or not. I just thought the shorter one was a little more elegant.

Just my 2 yen. :D

HakoFugu:
True, "Zen Divers" doesn't contain "Japan", but, as NetDoc pointed out, "Japan" will be in our group description.

Kim, maybe if everyone chooses "Zen Divers of Japan" on the poll, we can shorten it to "Zen Divers" afterward, if everyone's game? Or not. I just thought the shorter one was a little more elegant.

Just my 2 yen. :D
Lets wait and see what happens - but yes, in the interests of democracy I'll put up another poll now.

Back
Top Bottom