Choosing an algorithm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which doesn't make it a bad thing, just impossible to compare with either RGBM or anything else. I think the first dive computer with enough computational horsepower to handle a full implementation of either RGBM or VPM was the X1.

BTW, I love Suunto and trust them for ALL my recreational diving, just not my technical "decompression" diving. The reason is simple... My body doesn't like the "get shallow asap" approach.

BTW, I love Suunto and trust them for ALL my recreational diving, just not my technical "decompression" diving. The reason is simple... My body doesn't like the "get shallow asap" approach.

Just because the algorithm allows for it doesn't mean you are forced to do it. No computer that I know of will penalize you for putting in deeper stops. It keeps on calculating just like on any other multi-level profile.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom