Choosing strobe for fish photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lulazz

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I am going to buy a couple of strobes but I would like some help in choosing them.
I have a sony a6000 with kit lens and sigma 60mm
I mainly take photo of fish (I do photosafari) and preferably the fast moving ones like mullet, seabass, barracuda etc.
Usually I don't shoot them too close probabily from 0.5mt to 2.5 mt
At the moment I have an st-100 from Meikon and an ultramax uxds-3
I heard good things about inon s-2000, inon z-240 (or the new 330) and sea&sea ys-d2
Can you please help me in choosing the right one (well two)

thanks
Lulazz

Last edited:
The S&S D2J and the Inon Z330 are mostly the same; but the 330 will probably not be in major availability for a bit yet. Both are strong strobes with the same GN and both will recycle quickly. The S200 is a nice strobe but it is not powerful enough for you to do what you want with it.
Bill

Hi Bill,
thank you for the reply
I am looking at the z-330 they are pretty much the same size as the st-100 I already have

Yeah the S-2000 are tiny, and small knobs, I recently purchased 2 of the D-200's and they are great, not as powerful as the Z330

I bought an ys-d2 new for a very good price today
For now I will use it with the st-100 and see how it goes

Back
Top Bottom