Chris Verstappen - TDS Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FindingMenno

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Very saddened to hear of the passing of Chris Verstappen, owner and operator of Technical Diving Services at Captain Don's Habitat in Bonaire.

Chris was one of the first instructors I worked with when I started working in diving and l learned a lot from him, both in water and how to run a dive shop. And not to forget enjoying the good banter over coffee after a day of hard work. Work hard but have fun!
He also lighted a little fire in me starting the path to become a technical diver and I was always hoping to some day dive the windjammer with him.

Chris leaves behind his wife Astrid, and will be sorely missed by family and his many diving friends over the world. Our thoughts are with them in these difficult times.

Sorry to hear that also. I had the opportunity to meet Chris the last time I was in Bonaire when I rented a pony tank from him for the week.

Saddened by this loss, I had the honour of being trained by Chris on Bonaire.. he will be missed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom