Christi's Restaurant List - Revised October 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
OK - this is still not complete, but I promised to get a revised version up for you! Still working on the final product with pictures as well - once I get that all put up on my website, I'll post the link for you all!! Buen provecho!!! (MODS: Maybe we can sticky this until I get the final version with pictures completed? It's a big project :) Thank you!)

There are quite a few new places from my last list, and I've taken some off that have either closed or that I am just no longer comfortable recommending!

Christi’s Restaurant List (in no particular order and not exhaustive)

* right around $6 or less ** $5 to $10 *** $10 to $20 **** $15 to $30+ (This is what an entree averages per person without cocktails/beer)

**/***Del Sur – Corner of Calle 3 and Av. 5 – Open Monday through Saturday from 5pm until 11pm – EXCELLENT Argentinian empanandas, steaks, grilled veggies, fish seafood and chicken. This one is a definite DO NOT MISS!

**/***Le Chef – Probably my overall favorite place to eat. Corner of Av. 5 and Calle 5. Open Monday through Saturday from noon until 11pm. Indoor or outdoor seating. Excellent salads, individual pizzas, pasta, pita sandwiches, and of course FAMOUS now for the Lobster Sandwich and my other favorite, the Tuna Tartare! DO NOT miss Le Chef – and go early in your trip, you will want to go back!!!

***Agave Cozumel (BRAND NEW) – on the back side of the square on Av. 5 between Calle 1 and Calle 2! Monday through Saturday 12pm – 11pm and Sunday 4pm to 11pm. Eduardo, the owner of Le Chef just opened this. I havent’ even had a chance to try it yet, but I KNOW it has to be great! It has more of a Mexican bistrot flair with outdoor street café seating!

****Buccanos and Buccanos at Night - At the old Club Cozumel Caribe up in the north hotel zone. Excellent breakfast and lunch 7 days a week! Excellent hamburgers if yo uare craving one. Other favorites are the spinach omelette with truffle oil and the fish tacos. Beginning again on November 23, Buccanos at Night will be serving dinner from 6pm until 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights only. This is a pricey venue, but worth every single peso! Excellent drink specialties and chef specials each night. I can't offer up one favorite meal because they are ALL good. The fish is always fresh caught that day and cooked to perfection. It's always a challenge when she has fresh tuna AND fresh Mahi! One of my favorite salad creations was her grilled watermelon and shrimp salad over arugula with goat cheese and caramelized pecans! Yes, grilled watermelon, it's amazing! Ines is the owner and chef and she will go out of her way to make your diving experience heavenly! Her creativity and fusion of flavors that you would never expect are unmatched! I can't say enough about this place other than it's probably my favorite restaurant I have EVER eaten at ANYWHERE - yes, it's that good! It's the only place I usually have appetizer, entre AND desert! Favorite desert here is the Apple Crisp which is homemade cinnamon ice cream with fresh apples, and sourdough crumbles! I almost hate to share the secret - haha! Make reservations!!!

**Blue Angel Café – At the Blue Angel resort. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Great food, excellent prices and a superior ambiance! I love the shrimp chile rellenos, the shrimp/mango salad and Eva’s kitchen sink salad!!!

***Kinta – Av. 5 between Calle 2 and Calle 4 Nte. Kinta Mexican Bistro - Restaurant in Cozumel, Mexico – Tuesday – Sunday 6pm – 11pm
This is actually one of my personal favorite restaurants on the island! Kris Wallenta, formerly a chef at Guido’s, is the owner and Executive Chef. This Mexican Bistro has something for every taste bud and most budgets from delicious salads to fresh and perfectly prepared seafood to innovative Mexican fare. Kinta opened in December of 2007 and has quickly gron to be one of Cozumel’s best loved eateries! Eat inside ith the AC or dine in the beautiful gardens out back. Kris recently remodeled and expanded the garden, including adding retractable awnings to keep the rain away when necessary

**La Choza – Av. 10 between Calle 3 and Rosada Salas Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Yucatecan style Mexican food that cannot be compared! Yucatecan food is unique and is very different from traditional "Mexican" food. Dishes include influences from the local Mayan culture, as well as Caribbean, Mexican, European (French) and Middle Eastern cultures. A few of La Choza’s specialties and some of my favorites are: Poc Chuc ( a Mayan/Yucatec version of barbecued pork), Pozole (only on Sunday afternoons) – a delicious soup with a base of hominy, pork, chiles, and local spices

• Salbutes and Panuchos. Salbutes are soft, cooked tortillas with lettuce, tomato, turkey and avocado on top. Panuchos feature fried tortillas filled with black beans, and topped with turkey or chicken, lettuce, avocado and pickled onions. Habanero chiles accompany most dishes, either in solid or purée form, along with fresh limes and corn tortillas.
  • Cochinita Pibil is a marinated pork dish and by far the most renowned from the Yucatecan food.
  • Xcatik, a type of chilli.

Shrimp Chile Rellenos, and fajitas are among my favorites.

**El Moro – back in the hood…just tell the taxi driver the name of the restaurant Open for lunch and dinner, closed on Thursdays. Traditional and local Mexican food with a great seafood selection. Consommé de Moro, shrimp on a wire, and Mole Enchiladas are my favorites. Try the fried bananas as a desert or appetizer.

*El Pique – Av. 30 between Benito Juarez and Calle 2 (across from San Francisco) Open 7 days a week for dinner only. My favorite taco stand. Tacos el Pastor or beef tacos with cheese, serape style

*Chilangos – Av. 10 between Calle 11 and Calle 15 Open for lunch only Monday through Friday. Another cheap local eats place. Daily specials vary.

*/**Camilo’s – Av 5 between Calle 2 and Calle 4 Open 7 days a week from 10:00am to 7:00pm
One of my very favorites! Seafood tacos and tortas. My favorites are the shrimp tacos or shrimp torta.

*/**Otates - Av. 15 between Rosada Salas and Calle 3 - open 7 days a week from about noon until 2 - 3am - Great taco spot, tortas, pozole, quesadillas

*/**Nopales - Av 30 between Calle 7 and 11 on the right side if traveling north - open daily from 6pm until midnight - local tacos, quesadillas, soups, etc.

**/***La Perla - Calle 12 between Av. 65 and 70 - Great seafood and lionfish specialties

**** Guido’s – Main waterfront between Calle 6 and Calle 8 Open Monday through Saturday for lunch and dinner. Another favorite. Not to be missed. Excellent calzones, pizza, and I typically order the daily seafood special. The ne remodel is really beautiful and creates an even nicer environment than before.

**** French Quarter – Av. 5 between Adolpho Rosada Salas and Calle 3 Open Wednesday through Monday for dinner only + a nice bar area. Steaks, seafood, Cajun style dishes. The new owner David has really put the focus back on the food and it’s delicious and reasonably priced. Great spot for all of the sporting events as well.

*****La Cocay – A true culinary delight in a warm elegant setting. Calle 8 between Av. 10 & Av. 15
JHere is my official review 404 Not Found Napa Salad, Pork Tenderloin, Pepper Crusted Sashimi Tuna, and Filet Mignon, Calamari rings sautéed in basil and garlic, Duck spring rolls with tropical corn, tomato, and mango salsa, Garlic Shrimp Tapas, Tequila Sautéed Shrimp with Roasted Nopal and chile de arbol, Plantain Crusted Fish with Honey Glaze and Cilantro Rice and lightly steamed veggies. Hungry yet???

***La Terrazza – Rosada Salas and the corner of Av. 5, upstairs (old Prima location) Open Tuesday through Sunday for dinner only. Classic Italian dishes at very reasonable prices. The Chicken Picatta and Lobster Raviolis are my favorites!

**Rock-n-Java – Located on the waterfront just south of Punta Langosta mall (Carlos & Charlies). Open Monday through Sunday 7:00am until 10:00pm. GREAT spot for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Everything from eggs and bacon to gourmet pastas and vegetarian specialties. In my opinion, Lisa makes the very best Veggie burgers on the planet, even for the non-vegetarian!! Try the homemade breads and deserts too!

**La Mission ON 30th!! – NOT to be mistaken with La Mission downtown or Casa Mission – located on Av. 30 between Calle 2 and Calle 4, just north of the Super San Francisco grocery store. Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. True local and traditional Mexican food at a budget everyone can afford! My favorite is the Mexican combo plate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom