Christmas tree theft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spoke to Pete Duggan's wife this morning and she informed me that he was camping with some of the boys this weekend so they could earn their survival badges. She also mentioned that this Friday night they had 10 more trees stolen and the church where they are selling the tree's at was broken into.

Pete called me shortly there after and we spoke - he does not have a paypal account set up but will be bringing it up with the committee tomorrow when they meet. I also referred him to Scoutboard and ScubaBoard so that he could see the messages posted (per his request).

I feel bad - these people are stealing from the fund raising materials that these young folks sell to earn the money to pay for the transportation to their summer camp trips out of FL to do adventures someplace other than FL. Our local ABC/NBC affiliate will be doing another story on it tonight and if they have the video clip up I will share it.

i really hope they catch whoever is doing this! and then :bash:

it's amazing how little theft there is in countries where you get your hands chopped off....

CBulla:
She also mentioned that this Friday night they had 10 more trees stolen and the church where they are selling the tree's at was broken into.

Is nothing sacred?

justleesa:
Is nothing sacred?

Who steals a christmas tree? Better yet, Who breaks into a church and steals a christmas tree?
good grief.

I mean seriously.
Who would feel good about stealing a christmas tree to have christmas under?
I fully understand that the chrstmas tree is not derived from the christian religion, but I still think that this makes a statement about the commercialization of holiday symbols to the point where they have no meaning.

I feel for bad for everyone involved. The church, the boy scouts who are having their fund raising elements stolen, the folks who are stealing these trees who obviously so desperate for money they feel this is the only way to get it. All why my wife and I made a point to stop by their little pavilian and leave a little donation minus tree. I saw another do the same, a small token for a large gap to fill.

this was about to fall off the first page and this definately doesnt need to fall off as these boys need our help as they are the future of this country, and i should know as i went through the program my self not to long ago and got my eagle.

Tooth

Colin, I'd really like to get some our "Scouts" involved in this one. My mother is the Advisor for Explorer program with the Sheriff's office (affiliated with the Boy Scouts) I'll contact her in the morning and find out if there's anything we can do to help. My family would like to buy a few of those "seen only with the heart" trees also. I'll wait for an update from you on what the committee decides as far as receiving any donations. My heart goes out to those kids, their probably feeling pretty hopeless right about now and certainly need a little cheering up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom