Circleville Twin Quarries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there has anyone been to the Twin Quarries lately? I am looking for something simple and close and not so cold I die as soon as I touch it. I want to test my gear out Saturday before my coast trip in April. Twin Quarries is the closest place to me unless I can find an indoor heated pool someone wants to share.

Any word on the temps and conditions for the Twins would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mrs.Prages:
Hey there has anyone been to the Twin Quarries lately? I am looking for something simple and close and not so cold I die as soon as I touch it. I want to test my gear out Saturday before my coast trip in April. Twin Quarries is the closest place to me unless I can find an indoor heated pool someone wants to share.

Thanks

Their website says 39 degress as of 28 Feb.

Haven't been there lately because I figger as shallow as it is, it will get real cold.

Ken

Cold, cold and colder.

But, if you gotta drysuit it's not a problem.

Mrs.Prages:

Thanks

A couple folks from P-burg are heading to Mt Storm this Saturday (april 1)- - water will be warmer, but vis about the same- - care to join in? couple of us doing gear testing as well... leaving at 7'ish and should be back around 8pm 'ish.

Dave

caverdave:
A couple folks from P-burg are heading to Mt Storm this Saturday (april 1)- - water will be warmer, but vis about the same- - care to join in? couple of us doing gear testing as well... leaving at 7'ish and should be back around 8pm 'ish.

Dave

I knew I had something else to mention to you, Dave: Mrs P! The plan is to meet at the I-77/50 Park & Ride 6.30am - 7am. If you want to give us a call then PM us for more details and telephone numbers.

Hi guys,

I have talked to Charlie about this trip. Thanks for inviting me along. Right now, unless my cough and congestion clear up before Friday, I don't think I will be able to dive anywhere. I am very bummed. Dang this cough and cold season. I am hoping to get in some good dives this season with you guys, so keep me in my mind - and Speedie still owes me some chocolate!!! : )

just read a post on the deco stop from someone that was at mt storm the 27th

He notes that the water was 54 degrees and vis of 10-20'.

Dave

caverdave:
just read a post on the deco stop from someone that was at mt storm the 27th

He notes that the water was 54 degrees and vis of 10-20'.

Dave

Would like to, but have other plans already. Getting ready for a trip to China and am swamped with work. Like Mrs. P, I to have some congestion left over from a cold a couple of weeks ago. It is hanging on, dang it.

Were it not for this trip I'd go, Dave. I'm itching to get in the water again and 54 isn't a bad temp at all!

Randy

Well Paula - did you get to dive? Dave, Brian, Ken and I did the Mt. Storm thing...and froze our *****ES off.....except for crazy drysuit Dave....Had great fun though!

Back
Top Bottom