Citizen Watch battery replaced ..Can anyone help me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've been around the block today. I need a battery for a Citizen dive watch model number
Ay5024-07W.

The first person told me they will send it to NY, it will take 6 weeks and be $30.00.

The second place told me it needs to go to California and will cost $150.00.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Natasha,
I took my Citizen HyperAqualand to my local jewelry shop the other day and they simply put a new battery in it. Your local jewelers should be able to do the same. Should be $10-15 for a new battery.

No my jeweler is the one I went to that said 150.00. She said only Citizen can open a dive watch.
Is yours an authorized Citizen dealer?

This is a promaster.. don't know if that matters..

Yes, mine is a Promaster, too, and yes, my jeweler is an authorized Citizen dealer.

Do you think he may know of an authorized dealer in Houston?

You might check to see if they replace the o-ring/seal and pressure test it. I just had a Casio dive watch serviced by a company in CA. They charged $35 which included the battery, seal and water pressure test.

Here's the website of the place that works on Casio: http://www.casiosalesandservice.com/repair.htm

Maybe they would refer someone who works on Citizen?

My wife has a Citizen and she hasn't gone through a battery yet. I'm interested in knowing who you end up with.

Your jewer is a sissy. go to another one. My wife and I both have Promasters and we both have had batteries replaced at least once and nither has had any problem. It costs $6 to $10 bucks here and can be done in a dozens stores within a stone's throw from my office.

wow. I am so lucky to live here. I just got my wife's done in the watch & clock store across the street in 5 minutes for $6.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom