Clarification of the new DIR-F class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Popeye once bubbled...

In fact, that would be me.

And a ball cap & chapstick, too. :)

I used the sunglasses frequently to keep track of the boat on sunny days, waiting for pick up.

That's one hell of an idea....maybe I'll replace my foldable snorkle with some sunglasses. Unfortunately I don't get to dive anywhere that sunlight in my eyes will be a problem...unless for some reason I happen to catch the wrong side of my buddy's HID cannon.

MHK...I can't wait for June to get here...I'm really looking forward to that class. Now all I have to do is go get a book and some shades that will clip off nicely.

I just go off the phone with GUE's training director and he alleviated me concerns about the change in the status of the Fundamentals class. I was concerned about the fact that a person would take the class, not pass, and then what?

Well, _generally_ speaking it would work like a college class. If you fail the entire course you would have to pay to take the entire course over again. If you grasp some concepts and need more then 3 days to finish up then you can. Depending on the instructor (and this is something you should ask when choosing a DIR-F instructor) you can show up when they are teaching another class and demonstrate that section you needed work on to earn your pass-rating.

I feel much better now that they aren't trying to gouge anyone and that for the most part the course is staying true to it's intention - expose divers to a new way of doing things.

To step up my public humiliation a notch, I just signed up for DIR/F in March.

Was the chapstick on a retractor? What a funny story, P. I'm still chuckling. A ball cap? Maybe THATs what I can use the MC on my BP for - deploying lid.

great stuff....

Mo2vation once bubbled...
To step up my public humiliation a notch, I just signed up for DIR/F in March.

Congrats! I think you'll love it. Please write a report of the class when you're done with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom