Clarion, PA - what non-charter diving is close?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all.

I typically post in the GLWC as I'm from Michigan but starting Tuesday I'll be working in Clarion, PA. What diving opportunities are there?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Paula

Hi Paula and welcome to PA!
Clarion is pretty countryside, but not real sure about local dive opportunities. About 5 hr drive East is Dutch Springs, just outside Allentown - great local and teaching quarry. See their website dutchsprings.com. There is the Atlantic just a bit further East. : ) Lots of great diving off coast of NJ and NY. Boats going out mid week and weekends.

There is a guy on this board who owns a shop Central PA, somewhere, may want to contact him for more regional PA diving. If I find or think of his user name I'll pass it along.

I'm located SE PA about 20 min south of Philly. Drop a line if you find yourself in this part of the state.

Jersey

Too bad you asked for non-charter because Jimmy and Jimmy up at Osprey (Welcome to Osprey Charters, Inc. Discover Lake Erie's Best Kept Secret In Shipwreck Diving and Scenic Cruises. Come on and Dive Into History !!) run a super Lake Erie charter :) You're talking about a 2 1/2 drive up there which isn't bad.

Dive Training Magazine has a map of places (http://www.dtmag.com/dive-usa/ne.html) not sure how accurate or up-to-date they are... but it's a good resource usually.

We all go up the the local mudhole called Strawberry Quarry. It is good to get a practice dive in, but not much else. We typically go to Erie, Bainbridge Quarry in Lancaster, Gilboa in OH or Dutch Springs.

Thanks for the info! If you have any plans to head to the closer locations please let me know. I'd love to join in on the fun.

Paula

Too bad you asked for non-charter because Jimmy and Jimmy up at Osprey (Welcome to Osprey Charters, Inc. Discover Lake Erie's Best Kept Secret In Shipwreck Diving and Scenic Cruises. Come on and Dive Into History !!) run a super Lake Erie charter :) You're talking about a 2 1/2 drive up there which isn't bad.

Dive Training Magazine has a map of places (http://www.dtmag.com/dive-usa/ne.html) not sure how accurate or up-to-date they are... but it's a good resource usually.

I've only heard great things about Osprey. My Detroit area dive club just chartered with them earlier in the month. If I had this job in PA sooner I would have joined them. Bummer timing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom