Class action lawsuit filed against Aqua Lung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Us lawyers are always looking for the company that has the deapest pokets in the case. They are not looking for faults, only settlement with a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I will give you one exemple. I worked for a medical implantable device company some 15/20 years ago. in order to be fixed ( sewed ?) in the body, the devices had to be "framed" with some synthetic material made by a giant chemical company. Well this company wrote to every medical device companies that they would stop the sale of such a product within a few years. The reason: it was a very very small part of their business and it was too big a risk in terms of potential liability :(

Aren't we living in a beautiful world?

I've had 4 Suunto's since 1992.

The first unit I sold on, the second I'm still using, the third had a sensor failure (computers don't like travelling in the hold :( ), the fourth I've just flooded: (.

intentionally, accidentally or due to equipment failure?

Interesting that:

Aqualung only distributes (i.e. does not manufacture), to authorized dealers, Suunto computers in the US

The plaintiff bought his computer from Leisurepro... which is not an authorized Suunto dealer

Plaintiff sues Aqualung instead of suing Suunto or Leisurepro.

It doesn't seem that Aqualung had anything to do with how the plaintiff obtained his Suunto computer, but the plaintiff's attorneys appear to be arguing that Aqualung needs to be sued because they distribute computers (authorized by the manufacturer) similar to the one the plaintiff bought from Leisurepro.

Have to agree with freewillow: only in America does this case get to proceed.

in 2007 Leisure Pro approached my business that I was a partner in and wanted to buy $500 000 worth of Suunto computers from us. At that time we had talked to our distributor (not Aqualung) and they had no problem with the sale. This is one way LP gets to buy products without being an authorized dealer. We did not sell to Leisure Pro as they were our competitor.

Back
Top Bottom