Class Report: UTD Wreck 1, October 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just remember, strategic line laying & placement is the key

Definitely. We discussed it after every dive. And Andrew wanted to watch us do it and then comment rather than tell us ahead of time "tie here, here and here."

BTW, I read the report from your class last thursday (to get into the swing of things for my class), and I don't recall mention of those sorts of things during penetration. Did you guys share gas on egress from the Yukon?

Andrew said he's only had to induce failures inside the wreck (i.e. to slap some sense into poor team awareness) once, and it wasn't your class.

Definitely. We discussed it after every dive. And Andrew wanted to watch us do it and then comment rather than tell us ahead of time "tie here, here and here."

BTW, I read the report from your class last thursday (to get into the swing of things for my class), and I don't recall mention of those sorts of things during penetration. Did you guys share gas on egress from the Yukon?

Andrew said he's only had to induce failures inside the wreck (i.e. to slap some sense into poor team awareness) once, and it wasn't your class.
No we didn't do gas-sharing egress either, again because of depth (80') and gas amount considerations as well. (In my other class in the PI, we did do a lights out gas-sharing wreck egress in 65' of water, and my donor actually hit rock-bottom upon exit :shocked2:--I actually had to donate back to him for a bit to complete our minimum deco stops with good margin left on his remaining backgas).

That makes sense (mostly the instructor control issue). Thanks.

It is a harder environment to get out of and there's less capacity for instructor control as well. Both argue for NOT "practicing" air sharing exits. This is really neither a realistic nor a likely failure. No vis or cut line exits are a much higher priority in wreck than they are in Cave and I think AG's cutting of the line at the questionable secondary tie (multiple times) was meant to hammer this point home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom