classes start

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RRDAVE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
well clases started ok, nothing unexpected. when we went for our first pool dive my wife wouldn't get in. she was sitting geared up on the edge and couldn't do it. boy I diddn't know what to do. after the class dive was over our instructer came to my wife and offered privet dive for her. just him and her, she agreed. I don't think she has quit yet.(I hope) went ok for me but bcd control will take some time to get right. next class tuesday....and the tale contiues....rrdave

What flavor of Certification agency are you training with? PADI NAUI YMCA SSI etc..

BCD trimm problems is a fun part of learning to dive

Welcome RRDave. I hope Mrs RRDave continues. You should invite her to come here & chat with us! Either way you have now crossed over to the dark (and wet) side. There is no turning back. Soon you will be a SCUBA freak like the rest of us.

-kate

RRDave
Hey there! Glad your first class went well.
I agree with Scubakat, get Mrs RRDave on the board - any problems she has we'd all be happy to try and help.

I had a friend who did exactly the same as Mrs RRDave, after she was taken thro slowly she was much happier and is now saving to go to Egypt to do her O/W!

Anyway, good luck to you both....keep us informed - we love a good success story of diving...ie. you get wet!!!

keep up the good work. My wife did her OW cert this summer (enrolled without even telling me) with the idea of taking each day one at a time. If she became uncomfortable and didn't like it, she would call it a day. :nono: Pressure on any one.

I told her I was behind her all the way, she kept thinking that it was to push her in the pool hehehe. ( I wouldn't do that !!!).

She has now become the proud owner ofher OW cert card.

On her first dive after cert (off our own boat) she refused to dothe giant stride, so we had to make adjustments in her entry (hehe now i pushed her). Just kidden.

Allow your wife to progress at her own pace and she will love to dive.

Butch :peace:

I hope your wife hangs in there.
My wife and 30 yr.old son certified 6 months after I did.
There were times when my wife thought about quiting, but she didn't.
Diving together is great! It's brought us closer together as a family.
(now if I can just get her into cold water diving) :D:

Keep us posted.

Tavi

Dave,

I concur with the notion that you suggest Ms. Dave join us here! We have talked numerous folks through the difficult times learning how to do this. Remember that we are the product of millions of years of evolution: and that process "taught" us not to stick our heads underwater...and certainly not to breathe in while underwater! So, it takes a while to get used to it...some folks take more time than others.

I hope this will not be embarrassing to Casana, but why not look up her posts and see what problems she had...and, now, I think she is a confirmed scuba addict. Oh, yes, she had a great support system: it was called a "husband"!

Joewr

I don't think evolutions has it this time

"We spent the first nine months of life breathing it, just takes time for your body to remember"

do ya know the movie?

Fishkiller,

Pray tell, remind me of the movie...it is obviously a quote to be remembered!

Joewr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom