Suggestion Classifieds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scammer is all over the place now. it's kind of annoying. and people lack of ability to identify the scammer is also a poblem

Without building a much more comprehensive classified system (reviews, history, etc), it would be difficult to really weed out every last scammer. People need to do a certain amount of due-diligence, such as look at post-history or past sales, or only doing small purchases from relatively unknown people. There have been several dive-computers I've passed on due to the poster having minimal history.

I recently bought a GoPro from someone who isn't that active on these forums. Luckily they were local, so I was able to examine it in person and pay with cash.

edit: I see you have almost no posts on this community. So, it seems like you're suggesting being able to post classifieds even without participating in the community. You can perhaps see the above where I point out we don't know you from anywhere. You may be an okay person, but how do we know you're any different from the occasional scammer that pops up? Whatever review system you may be suggesting would be far more effort on the moderator's part, than it would be for you to participate in the community. Moderators would also have to do this for dozens or hundreds each month which would make that very time-consuming.
There is a buyer/seller feedback system built into scubaboard currently, just not overly used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom