cleaning your gear and drying it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made a cart with pre-cut PVC and fittings from Home Depot with a shelf on the bottom of it- cost me about $40. After soaking/rinsing my gear I hang it on the cart and roll it into the garage, after a couple days it's all nice and dry.

Beats dragging all that wet gear into the house and trying to rinse it in the shower.

wow people that take care of there gear.

Me if quarry, hang it up the dry suit and blow it with a fan, same with glove and hood if not dry from hanging out in the back of the truck bed. Regs get a quick rinse when I get home and hung over my box of equipment and bc is emptied of water before leaving and left out to dry.

Salt water, well I rinse off the stuff with the fresh water from the boat or at the dock and hang out in the dry suit till it dries enough for my taste (hang it up when I get home) and rinse off the rest of the equipment with the fresh water from boat/dock.

My 1st stages are environmentally sealed now so we shall see how that works in another year. I generally dive Thursday and Sunday and maybe I do not take care of my stuff as well but that is why I bought the stuff that should handle this

wow people that take care of there gear.
My 1st stages are environmentally sealed now so we shall see how that works in another year. I generally dive Thursday and Sunday and maybe I do not take care of my stuff as well but that is why I bought the stuff that should handle this

just because they are enviromently sealed now dosent meen you dont have to take care of them. they shoul still be rinsed with fresh water after diving in salt water. the salt crystals can start to take their toll on your equipment. i have seen plenty of regs come into the shop that have been rinsed, but not that well, and you should see what they look like inside after they are apart. this includes enviro sealed regs too.

just something for you to think about. it might not happen, but it better to take care of it now rather then pay extra for the cleaning of thr reg durring the service or buying new regs down the road.

Deep Sea Supply has a great device for flushing the BCD. It press fits on the inflator fitting and then screws onto a garden hose. It has its own valve. It allows me to fill the BCD from the hose with a minimum of mess.

Deep Sea Supply has a great device for flushing the BCD. It press fits on the inflator fitting and then screws onto a garden hose. It has its own valve. It allows me to fill the BCD from the hose with a minimum of mess.

In the same vein, I use a Zeagle BX inflator, so I can flush my wing with a garden hose. Love it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom