Clearwater /st Pete area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surelyshirly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hope its OK to ask this here but can you tell me about the area?

Can I keep busy here, dive here, live here?

How close is the diving?

trying to get a feel for the area.....thanks

You have Venice beach as a shore dive. A few charters run out of Sarasota as well.
Your best bet for diving would be North towards the springs.
If ocean diving is your thing then south Florida is best. Anywhere south of Jupiter is where most of the ocean diving is.

Plenty to see and do in that area, night life is good. Clearwater is a nice area, stay away from Tampa. Tampa is a gross crime ridden city much like Orlando :(

You have Venice beach as a shore dive. A few charters run out of Sarasota as well.
Your best bet for diving would be North towards the springs.
If ocean diving is your thing then south Florida is best. Anywhere south of Jupiter is where most of the ocean diving is.

Plenty to see and do in that area, night life is good. Clearwater is a nice area, stay away from Tampa. Tampa is a gross crime ridden city much like Orlando :(

Wow cyberfed obviously you have never been to either Tampa or Orlando. "gross" and "crime ridden" are probably more what you refer to because your a little to stuck up for us city folk. So in response to the original question Tampa has a very strong dive community within the city, and i recommend visiting some of the area dive shops to find out about local favorites. Thats if you can make it into the "war zone" that cyberfed claims our city is!
-Happy Diving

Will be coming down to look at property but was looking for a little direction as to where to start. Would love to be convieneintly close to some diving.....and dive groups....

thanks for the thoughts.... anyone else?

Tampa is a gross crime ridden city much like Orlando

No it's not.

St.Petersburg and Clearwater (Pinellas county) are nice areas to live and work in just as Tampa. Sure there are bad sections of town but you just stay out of them.

There are several good dive boats in the St.Pete/Clearwater area for Gulf diving with SB member Capt. Ty being my favorite. Lots of dive shops and lots of divers too. Just to the south are several nice beach dives and 1 to 3 hours ride north you have many fresh water springs to choose from.

The Tampa Area has lots to offer as far as diving there are lots of dive shops charters and dive sites as well. The Brandon Area is perfectly located to dive the whole state and there are lots of dive clubs in the area. (but lets be honest I am bias) If you have any direct questions let me know. Yuo may want to post this in the tampa bay area section as well.

Good luck

B.

Hope its OK to ask this here but can you tell me about the area?

Can I keep busy here, dive here, live here?

How close is the diving?

trying to get a feel for the area.....thanks

Tampa and St. Pete are great places to live and work. There are many things to do other than diving. We have the Bucs, Rays, Lightning, USF Bulls, and more golf courses than you can count. That's just a start... So yeah, you can stay busy doing practically whatever you want to do. The diving here is excellent. The Springs are close, the Gulf is just next door and the East coast is only a two - three hour drive. Personally, I wouldn't live anywhere else. If you have any questions, I would be happy to help you. You will find a wealth of information here in the Tampa area forum, as well as state wide in the Florida Conch diver forum. I sure anyone here would be more than willing to assist you with any information you might need. :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom