Clogged orifice vs stuck solenoid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're ascending, PPO2's dropping, you manually inject some O2 which hits the sensors as a "bubble" of oxygen. Sensors may do a jump to 1.6/whatever, then come down on the next breath as that bubble of oxygen's diluted. Need to tell the difference between a "bubble" and a general high PPO2.

Damn annoying if just after injecting the O2, you then over-dump your wing/suit/loop and the ascent stops.

You're ascending, PPO2's dropping, you manually inject some O2 which hits the sensors as a "bubble" of oxygen. Sensors may do a jump to 1.6/whatever, then come down on the next breath as that bubble of oxygen's diluted. Need to tell the difference between a "bubble" and a general high PPO2.

Damn annoying if just after injecting the O2, you then over-dump your wing/suit/loop and the ascent stops.
I have never observed this bubble. I dive a Kiss Spirit, and the o2 injection is in a separate head from the o2 cells. The gas likely mixes passing through the scrubber to reach the other head.

I've only ever dived mccr since around 2018 and to date not had a clogged orifice but twice the spool has disconnected in the valve and spiked the o2.

Once on the surface pre dive once during a dive.

Mine is an early gen 1 Kiss cmf so others may not fail in the same way.

Simple to solve but as others have said don't get hung up on 1 potential issue, when I came into ccr all the things I obsessed about before turned out to be generally non issues but lots of others popped up to replace them.

I have never observed this bubble. I dive a Kiss Spirit, and the o2 injection is in a separate head from the o2 cells. The gas likely mixes passing through the scrubber to reach the other head.
Possibly a Revo quirk. Oxygen injection is in the exhale lung then breathed through the scrubberS onto the sensors.

Possibly a Revo quirk. Oxygen injection is in the exhale lung then breathed through the scrubberS onto the sensors.
It's not, it happens in Spirits and Sidewinders as well, and again so in units with large volumes.

It's not. It absolutely happens on the sidewinder and the Meg too (which have O2 injection on the exhale and inhale sides respectively).

Can you clarify? As phrased, your statement is ambiguous, and it seems to be leading to a back-and-forth. Do you mean that the lack of or the presence of an O2 spike is a Revo quirk?

I can say that my Choptima gets an O2 spike if I manually add O2, and the gas follows the same path that you describe.

Can you clarify? As phrased, your statement is ambiguous, and it seems to be leading to a back-and-forth. Do you mean that the lack of or the presence of an O2 spike is a Revo quirk?

I can say that my Choptima gets an O2 spike if I manually add O2, and the gas follows the same path that you describe.
RJack myself and Wibble (and you) are all suggesting the same thing. Mr Hicks, on the other hand, suggests that this spike (or "bubble" as Wibble describes it) does not exist in the Spirit.

Same on the JJ. Haven't had a spike over 1.6 though.

RJack myself and Wibble (and you) are all suggesting the same thing. Mr Hicks, on the other hand, suggests that this spike (or "bubble" as Wibble describes it) does not exist in the Spirit.
Spike is a better word.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom