close accident video footage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow that was nuts.

I'd call it more stupid than nuts, but kinda close, no???....lol

Ow sorry, didn't notice it was already on the forum.

No worries. Things come up again from time to time. Just figured people might want to know the story behind the video. :)

I can merge the two threads if you wish?

CD - Thanks for the reference to the original thread.

AhpoolMan - Big Brass ones my friend! As others have said, thanks for doing that. I made my daughter watch that. As the video was playing I told her to read aloud the comentary on the screen. It kind of drove it home. Last thing she said was "Jackasses!" :shocked2:

The one thing that I did not gleen from reading the entire other thread was surface discussions. I realize that the "would be" victims did not speak english very well and speaking with them may have been an issue. Did you have any discussion with the DM? While ultimate liability was with the two divers, you really saved him (DM) a lot of potential problems. Did you even get a thank you?

CD - I realize that AHpoolman may not be posting much, so if you know the answer to the above from conversations you had with him or if I missed it, please let me know. Beyond all of the other things about this video, this really bothers me. The DM should have at least acknowleged the effort.

J.

Oh my gosh!!!! That is so SCARY! I just took my dive refresher course today and we were talking about Nitrogen Narcosis, and that a woman just started diving really deep, going deeper and deeper. I guess she didn't even realize that she did that afterwards. That just scares me. :(

How amazing that he saved those men's lives!!!!! Would have been tragic had he not been watching out for them.

Back
Top Bottom