Close-up lens for the DX-1G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammerhead man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was wondering how easy it was to attach and take off the close-up lens. I currently have the wide angle lens and would it be easy to switch the two during a dive? Would I need an additional lens holder for the close-up lens?

Regards,

Bill

Hmmm, no response from Sea&Sea. Let me revise the question, is there a lens caddy for the close-up lens? Is the lens caddy different from that of the wide angle lens?

Bill,

I wasn't even aware there was a macro lens for the 1G - I just got back from Curacao with my 1G and found that as long as I remembered to put the camera in macro mode then I could get extremely close to my subject (I think Sea&Sea advertise it down to 1 cm or 0.4"). Also - I did some close up shots while leaving the w/a lens on and got some pretty cool results (provided I remembered to put it in macro mode).

Bill,

ignore that last post - just found the close up lens option ... looks like another purchase for me in the near future.

I thought a close up lens would be helpful even in macro mode on the camera, but I'm not sure if there is a caddy for it and if it can be put on and taken off rather easily. You are correct that in macro mode you can get up very close and i don't want to sacrifice the wide angle capability while on a dive.

I would like to get it but I would like to get some more info on it.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Guys-
Sorry for missing this post Bill. The Close Up lens 125 threads onto the appropriate camera's lens ring which then bayonet's onto the housing. Since these 2 components are then 1 piece you canuse the DX-1G/2G lens caddy for the entire Close-Up lens and lens ring assembly and switch them out underwater with the W/A lens. Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom