Clothesline for liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone. Can you show me your favorite clothesline to take on a liveaboard? (To anttach to the boat somewhere outside your room to dry quicker). Also any other favorite tips for packing for a liveaboard. Thanks!

Every boat I have been on has had plenty of hangers and a dedicated drying area but if I thought I needed a clothesline I would pack a small hank of 550 paracord.

deleted

I have a couple of different ones in addition to the large towel clips that I also use to hang stuff. One was built by my buddy Dan and is a loop of stainless steel leader with shark clips on it that you can hang over the top of a hanger with your wetsuit to dry other stuff (lycra socks, gloves, hood, swimsuit, rash guard, etc.). The other one I stole his shark clip idea, but spaced them out over a span of cave line with a loop at each end and a small carabiner on the end to make an ad hoc clothesline. Pics below.

qSqN5wJ.jpeg

EFqkYyU.jpeg

Haven't tried this on a LOB, but I carry one or two Flexo-Line travel clotheslines on most of my trips. It's 3 strands of braided surgical latex, which means you can "tuck" clothes between the strands while avoiding pinch marks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom