CLX 450 Foot Squeeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I don't dry often and when I do I frequently get nearly unbearable pain in my feet as I exit the water -- fins off, walking out on a shore dive. There is a seam on the top and it seems to hit 'the right spot' and make diving dry a real pain (pun intended). Sometimes I will get it diving and I will just move an air bubble to the the feet to get some relief. Right now I am only using 300g fleece booties under the dry suit.

Should I wear something additional/different? Is there some other technique? Is it the rockboot?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How tight do you lace up the rockboot?. I keep them pretty loose - just tight enough so they can not slip off. I wonder if the rockboot is working that seam.

Pretty tight and DUH, thats a really good idea. Funny how sometimes the obvious isn't ....

If looser boot laces doesn't help, you may want to switch to the Turbo Soles. I have the same suit and Superior drysuit repair installed hard insoles, ankle straps, and Turbo Soles (with the existing socks) on my suit for $100. This retro fit will also allow the use of pretty much any type of fin, where with the Rockboots you are limited to turtles, XXL Jets, and 1 or 2 others.

k, Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom