CM Airlines San Pedro Sula to Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone booked CM airlines from San Pedro Sula, Honduras
to Utila this past year? What was your experience?

Is it OK to book it online with them?

We are taking Continental airlines from the USA to San Pedro Sula in
March.

I tried to book online several times but was unsuccessful. Eventually I emailed customer service asking what was going on and was told there's some sort of a problem with CM's bank talking to my bank. I called MasterCard and asked if they knew what was up and they didn't but they checked out CM's site an said it looked OK and told me thy hadn't had any complaints about it.

Not wanting to forward my CC details by email, I had CM phone me and read them the info over the phone. Yea it took a week to do all this but I booked my international flight specifically to fly with CM because they did me a favour last year.

i always book thru alice hill at worldwide travel on utila. she's the cm agent and meets/see's off all cm flights. no mix ups when alice books your flight.

I will try to reach Alice today. Thanks.

A little help...

Trying to get my father from SPS to Utila via air. Was aware of Aero Sosa and Guaja Air as options... what is this CM you speak of?

cm flies san pedro sula to utila direct on saturdays, $220 rt. leaves sps at 3.00pm (maybe 3.30pm, can't remember) and leaves utila at 8.00am. nice new 19 seater planes with plenty of baggage space. alice hill of worldwide travel on utila is there agent, books tickets and meets/see-off the flights. highly recommended and being direct, no more getting stuck in la ceiba because of weather (it always seems to be raining there) and unlike sosa they don't bump you from the flight at san pedro if you haven't checked in an hour before take off and they have someone else wanting to buy a ticket.

The say they even have airplanes.... CM AIRLINES <-Clicko el Linko

We have many customers using CM Airlines recently. The plane they use looks OK from the outside anyways, and (so I thought) it arrives Utila around 9am on Saturdays. At least I have seen their plane arrive a couple times at that time and seen people off the island who were catching it's return journey a couple of times. But check with the travel agencies below. The plane I saw was neither of the ones pictured on their website - I wonder if the bigger one could land on Utila's strip? The plane I saw (not having really any kind of aircraft knowledge) looked something like a twin engined piper. Maybe 6 or 8 seats. But looked from the outside to be well maintained - well, at least it looked cared for - clean & shiny, etc!

I would recommend only trying to book any local flights via the Utila based travel agents; Alice at Worldwide Travel and Frank Morgans Travel.

You can find their contact details here:
World Wide Travel - Utila, The Bay Islands, Honduras
Morgans Travel Agency- Utila, The Bay Islands, Honduras

both speak English.

Trying to book directly can sometimes lead to erm, I guess "confusion" would be a polite way to say it. The travel agents have been arranging flights on and off the island for years and know all the people they need to talk to.

Thanks. Saturday only flights hurt. Best flight prices out Chicago > SPS seem to be Wednesdays. Sticking with Aero Sosa it seems.

Hey..a new website in the past couple of weeks. I see they're flying between Utila and Roatan on Saturdays.

I flew with these guys last year, there were some negotiations with the time of the flight SPS-> leaving. I never would have made the last boat to Utila had it left at the scheduled time but an offer was made. "You buy a ticket and the plane will leave at 2:30" meaning I'd make the boat ( at first the agent tried to tell me it was a 10 min taxi ride, LCE to the docks )

I say " if the plane leaves at 2:30, I'll buy a ticket" brandishing a wad of cash and wondering whether the agent had the authority to do this type of rescheduling.

"You buy, it leaves" " I buy if it leaves"..... Welcome to Central America. :D

It left an hour early, at 2:30 like he promised, I made the boat with 10 minutes to spare.

Just think...in 30 hours I'll be on Utila..woot!

Henry. I'm still interested in the place, dunno if you got my email but I called Mike yesterday and he says he has a few places he think I might be interested in so I'm meeting up with him at Skid Row at 4.

Back
Top Bottom