Cobalt High pressure hose leaking from assembly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

griffon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I dropped a email to support via the webpage, about a week back, but have not herd anything. My cobalt high pressure hose (which has less then 20 dives on it) has developed a trickle leak bellow the quick disconnect assemble. So a constant stream of bubblesis coming out by where the hose first enters the metal housing. Seems to be ready to fail, which is kind of scary.... what can be done? My cobalt is registered etc.

Thanks
-Griffon Walker

Hi, I dropped a email to support via the webpage, about a week back, but have not herd anything. My cobalt high pressure hose (which has less then 20 dives on it) has developed a trickle leak bellow the quick disconnect assemble. So a constant stream of bubblesis coming out by where the hose first enters the metal housing. Seems to be ready to fail, which is kind of scary.... what can be done? My cobalt is registered etc.

Thanks
-Griffon Walker
Is this coming from where the swage fitting and the hose come together? That is, the part visible when you pull back the back hose protector and see where the hose and metal first come into contact? If so, it sounds like a hose connection is leaking and the hose needs replacement. If it's coming from the QD fitting itself, the suspect is an O-ring. Either case should be very straightforward. If your message got lost you can call Atomic at 888-270-8595- This is an insanely busy time in the diving business, and Atomic just moved their offices, so they could be a little slow on the response times. If you can take it back to a dealer they may be able to deal with it right away. You're right, you don't want to mess with a suspect HP hose.

Ron

Yeah I think it's the hose but I can't be 100% sure the bubbles exit along the host from the base of it's entry point. I'll try that phone thing, thanks :)

Is this coming from where the swage fitting and the hose come together? That is, the part visible when you pull back the back hose protector and see where the hose and metal first come into contact? If so, it sounds like a hose connection is leaking and the hose needs replacement. If it's coming from the QD fitting itself, the suspect is an O-ring. Either case should be very straightforward. If your message got lost you can call Atomic at 888-270-8595- This is an insanely busy time in the diving business, and Atomic just moved their offices, so they could be a little slow on the response times. If you can take it back to a dealer they may be able to deal with it right away. You're right, you don't want to mess with a suspect HP hose.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom