Coconut Bay condos dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you get a chance to dive Hepps Pipeline and wall from Coconut Bay Condos a couple times I would be interested in your take on the diving from there. I have seen a ton of stuff diving in the shallows on my way out and back that some skip choosing instead to snorkel/swim out to the buoy. Part of the shallows hard pan area with all those roundish holes and slots are full of juves and fun stuff.

I have probably done about 20 dives at that site, now. I tend to do the surface swim out, drop down at the buoy and then assess conditions. So much depends on what I find once I get down there in terms of current and critters. Finding a turtle or stingray as soon as I drop down to the bottom of the mini will means I want to spend as much air as I need to enjoy them.

But I do stay on the hard pan on my way back, as my "surface interval" and "controlled ascent". I would rather get back to the buoy with a bit more air and then play around on the way back finding the small stuff in the holes and small coral heads on the hard pan. A friend of mine who is a better photographer than I am and seems to always find the good stuff has found a lot while hanging out on the hard pan.

It's definitely worth checking out, for sure.

Oops. My last post was directed to EastEndDiver but I did not make that clear. Thanks for your post and agree. When we head out to the main wall we will swim to the buoy, descend to about 20' and head out.

Oops. My last post was directed to EastEndDiver but I did not make that clear. Thanks for your post and agree. When we head out to the main wall we will swim to the buoy, descend to about 20' and head out.
Oh sorry - I thought you were looking for other people's experiences on diving that site.

tkaelin ...Alucard has more dives then me in that area.

My perspective is on the hard pan you can see just about anything this week we saw Baracuda,Squid,small Ray,all sorts of small and juvenile reef species,Mutton Snapper,Angels,Filefish and more.What we usually do is on the way back instead of hanging on the ball we make our way on the bottom and do our safety stop as we head in it's not a hard place to navigate.It is definatly worth doing as Alucard says

Squid seen on Hard Pan at Cobalt Coast ....not a good picture
Jean 5 Cobalt and Lighthouse 035 copy.jpg

Thanks. I have about 40 dives on the site in the past two years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom